Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Banner Ads

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Banner Ads

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:05 am

I am considering getting banner ads for my site. What service should I use, how does it pay?
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby BurninMan921 on Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:32 am

Banner ads...another reason to use Proxomitron...

As for the revenue they bring in...isn't it just when someone clicks on it (as opposed to just being displayed) ? If not, I do feel bad about blocking the ads here...and will change my filters not to do so. But, quite frankly, I am VERY unlikely to keep visiting (or buy from) a site that has tons of banners/pop-ups. It better be a damned good site...like this one :)
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:18 pm

Look for a place that pays per impression, not per click through. Most people don't want to look at an ad, let alone click one.

We use a number of different companies here. Our main one is Fastclick though. They offer a number of different ads. Their popups aren't as annoying as some other companies either. Here's a link if you want to check it out:

http://www.fastclick.com/re.f?2673

If you use that link, we get a few pennies for referring you. :D
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:21 pm

i only get like 10 visits a day, got any ideas to make more visits happen? I am working on improving the site to make it worthwhile. I also want to avoid popups...all the popups on my site i want to be at the Dont click button. :evil:
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby manni on Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:06 am

If you have some interesting information at your site, visitors come via Google. Banner free page is also much better looking than with batters.
manni
CD-RW Thug

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:24 pm

manni wrote:If you have some interesting information at your site, visitors come via Google. Banner free page is also much better looking than with batters.

Yes but banner free pages also cost much more money, if I had a banner. the profits from it would go towards the website.
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:52 pm

To be honest, if you're getting 10 visits a day, you're going to see very little profit.

My advice is to focus on the website and try to bring in more traffic. Once that happens, look at getting some ads.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to The Beer Garden