Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Plextor Premium/Plextools 2.06 upgrade

Burn baby burn!

Plextor Premium/Plextools 2.06 upgrade

Postby scottm on Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:17 pm

I just wanted to post that this is available now as I did not see any mention of it on this site.

They've added (or actually subtracted) more from GigaRec. An addition to 1.2x, 1.3x and 1.4x, you can now make recordings LESS than 100% (.7x, .8x, .9x)--but I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Incidently, if you are shopping for a DVD player (for CD play), I've had good success using 1.3x (almost 110min CDs) on Denon DVD players. I strongly suggest the DVD-1600. It has DVD-Audio, Faroudja decoding for superlative video and top-line Burr-Brown audio D/As---all for only about $400.

Any GigaRec sucess stories? Has anyone tried any 99min CDs using GigaRec---wonder what they could burn up to?

As for Data, I haven't had much luck there...is there anything that needs to be configured in Plextools/Nero to handle data GR?

As a DJ, still lovin the Plextor Premium...14min (8x) for 98-99min CDs on 80min media, playable almost anywhere. Nice.
scottm
CD-RW Thug

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:45 pm

Supposedly the .7x GigaRec and stuff is to increase compatibility. As far as 99 min. CD's and GigaRec, it doesn't work, you can't make a HUGE CD :(
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Re: Plextor Premium/Plextools 2.06 upgrade

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:59 pm

scottm wrote:I just wanted to post that this is available now as I did not see any mention of it on this site.

posted on Saturday, August 2:

New PlexTools Professional V2.06 is out!
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11955
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Plextools 2.06 announcement

Postby scottm on Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:03 pm

Yes...I saw this after the fact--but it wasn't mentioned on main site. Thanks AW...I was JUST talking to a co-worker about the 99min CDs and he was going to give me some to try wondering if they work.

AW: As for "increased" data...is there a GigaRec trick I'm missing to go from the equivalent of 80-->98min audio burns using Nero in data mode?
scottm
CD-RW Thug

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives