Home News Reviews Forums Shop

totally confused!!

Burn baby burn!

totally confused!!

Postby salvie00 on Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:56 pm

hey guys.. :) im just totally lost. wheww.. can anybody show me how to use this darn cd rw?? im really new at this so please don't laugh.. :P i have the lite on 52327s just got it couple days ago. can you guys explain to me why i could only put one song on 74min cd r media and the file that i downloaded was only 7min. when i downloaded it, it was an mpeg file. am i suppose to save this as a WAV file? Im wondering if nero xpress does that automatically? or do i need to go to cnetdownload and download a program to do that? jeez.. all im tryin to do is download some music and play it on cd player.. can anyone pls help me out?? Is there a how to guide in here that i can checkout? please help. thanks you guys...
salvie00
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:23 pm

Are you talking about an MP3 or a ".mpg" file? Some (if not all) .mpg files are actually video files, which could explain why only one would fit on your CD-R.

No, you don't have to save audio files as .wav files, but it will work better if you do because Nero decodes the audio while it's burning, which will make the burn process very slow if your computer isn't pretty fast. For example, I don't think that my Celeron 366 can decode MP3 files fast enough to burn them at even 12x, but the computer is fast enough to burn regular data at 32x.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby TheWizard on Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:41 am

Also, keep in mind your discs are limited to ~650MB of data. If you burned an mpeg onto a data CD and the file is, let's say, 600MB, then you won't have much room left on the disc for anything else.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives