Home News Reviews Forums Shop

New searchable database of media tests

Burn baby burn!

New searchable database of media tests

Postby rdgrimes on Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:20 pm

Just wanted to let CDRLabs know that CDFreaks has created a new database of media tests, in the form of 2 new forums. One is for DVD, the other for CD. Over time, these will develope into a pretty extensive searchable database of error scans.

You can search the 2 forums by media maker, media brand, drive model, drive firmware, burn speed and even ATIP numbers, by using the standard forum search function.

These forums will be heavily moderated to maintain the "database" format in the posts, in order to keep them functional. (At least until the mods are driven insane)

We encourage everyone to post, after reading the stickies to learn the format. We especially need DVD tests of all types, and older CDR/RW tests. As DVD testing is still in it's infancy, this forum is still pretty sparce, so please contribute. There are threads in the general media forum, and in the test forums, for discussing and feedback.

CD-R/RW testing forum
DVD testing forum
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:58 pm

Wow! Very impressive! :D

I am sure that this will be an extremely useful resource!

Edit: I've already posted some of my 52327S results there, and I'll probably post more later!
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby TheWizard on Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:11 am

It's a good list, and with time it will improve. My only gripe is that most of the results are for Lite-On drives. What about some love for LG or Samsung or any of the dozen other manufacturers? :D
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:48 am

TheWizard wrote:It's a good list, and with time it will improve. My only gripe is that most of the results are for Lite-On drives. What about some love for LG or Samsung or any of the dozen other manufacturers? :D

That's what your thread is for :wink:
No seriously, both the CDFreaks and CDRlabs threads should be consulted for media tests and compatibility.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby rdgrimes on Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:33 am

What about some love for LG or Samsung or any of the dozen other manufacturers?

We leave that to you. :wink: Get busy and start posting!
OCFreak has a bunch of DVD tests that he'll be posting soon.
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:10 am

Well, no offense, but why bother posting the same information twice? I like what bhairavp said, both threads should be consulted. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, so it may depend entirely on what the reader wants: searching through hundreds of posts or scrolling down a long list. Also, each thread offers a different testing method: one uses solely CD Speed's ScanDisc while the other uses KProbe, CD Doctor, CD Speed, or any error scanning software. Readers have the choice to view one thread or the other, but ideally they will view both. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives