Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 5 & 6 Upgrades

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 5 & 6 Upgrades

Postby mvallevand on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:06 am

If I order a Nero 6 upgrade serial number will it also work with Nero 5? If not how do I update Nero 5 now?
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:56 pm

to update Nero 5, you just need to download the updater program from Ahead's website (or from anywhere else) and double-click the file.
this is an update and is free and needs no serial key or anything.

an upgrade is to change from Nero 5.5 to 6.0 and for that you need to purchase a key or the retail package.

if you purchase a Nero 6 serial key it will let you use the Nero 6 program but will not update your Nero 5.5
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby mvallevand on Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion dodecahedron however I want to continue to use Nero 5 and upgrade the OEM package so that I can use two OEM drives simulataneously. I've recently also bought a Liteon DVD burner which isn't bundled with ahead software. Since you say buying a v6 serial will not help me I hope someone has a link on the Nero site for me so that I can purchase version 5.
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:38 pm

Ahead removed all links for purchasing Nero 5 (full package or upgrade) shortly after Nero 6 was released. Try emailing Craig Campbell of Ahead at techsupport4@nero.com. He is a good guy, and may be able to help you obtain a retail Nero 5 serial number if you purchase a retail 6 upgrade.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)