Home News Reviews Forums Shop

refilling damage hp printers ?

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

refilling damage hp printers ?

Postby hammad on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:34 pm

hi everyone

i have a HP deskjet 810c printer.

its original hp ink cartidges for color and black costs me equal to 30 us $ or a new HP 3650 or EPSON C 43 UX .

Hp says refilling can damage their printers,but i had seen many hp printers working fine for years.

Do i refill my hp printet or not. ?

Thanks.
hammad
CD-RW Thug

Postby TheWizard on Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:50 pm

Refilling won't damage your printer if it is done right. Have you ever seen remanufactured cartridges? They are simply refilled then re-sold. Remanufactured cartridges are cheaper than original carts, but the quality is not as good as the real thing. The quality can be anywhere from poor to good, but not stellar. Expect the same if you refill your carts. Just follow the instructions to a T, that way you'll minimize the chance of messing anything up. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Action Jackson on Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:06 pm

I'm not sure about your model of HP printer.

My 932c has the printheads integrated into the cartridge, that's why new cartridges always give exellent results.

If you do refill, make sure you DO NOT touch the printing surfaces, otherwise you'll scrap that cartridge.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:06 pm

I have heard of refilling ink cartridges completely making it not possible to print any more. They did a re-fill, didn't work, tried a real one, worked, did another re-fill, didn't work, tried the same real one, didn't work. As you can see, the printer was then worthless, as it could not print.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

STAY AWAY!

Postby NeilPeart on Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:28 am

While I don't agree with the obviously marked-up prices of ink, I will NEVER use the refilling products or generic cartridges. I simply don't trust these third-rate products, and many of my clients' printer problems have been connected to such products. Perhaps this is because the printer manufacturers purposely developed their printers to reject the third-party ink refills, or perhaps it is due to the fact that the cheap refills SUCK ASS (maybe that's why they're so cheap...); my advice is to not be a cheap-skate and avoid such problem-causing products.
Drives I Own:

Asus S520/A, Plextor UltraPlex 40TSi, Lite-on XJ-HD166S, Pioneer DVD-106S, Toshiba SD-M1712, Plextor PX-R820Ti, Plextor PX-W1210TS, Plextor Premium, Samsung SM-352B, Teac CD-W540E, Yamaha CRW-F1, Plextor PX-708A, Sony DRU-510A
NeilPeart
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:40 am

My advice for finding cheap, original HP cartridges: eBay. Then again, eBay seems to be my advice for finding a lot of great deals. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:44 pm

I tried refilling mine a couple of times. The cart worked good for a month or so the one color just died, they have electrincs in them and the print head so if either gets messed up your done. I also had problems with the blue part leaking every where and making a mess but I may have over filled it or something.
So for now I'll just buy new ones again. I go through a LARGE color on my 990 in about 6 months and the black seems to take a bit longer.
If you buy the large carts the ink price and length of use both improve a bunch even though htey are more expensive up front.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:50 pm

Yeah, it just makes no sence to get refills. While the cost may be less for the generic/refills, when your printer breaks and you need a new one, it sure isn't cheaper then!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to General Hardware Discussion