Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Which Cable Do I Need For Cendyne External CDRW

Burn baby burn!

Which Cable Do I Need For Cendyne External CDRW

Postby GMY on Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:43 am

I bought a CENDYNE CDRW DRIVE 52X24X52 USB2 CDICD00204 several weeks ago and am now trying to hook it up to my Dell 4600 with SB Live (WDM) sound card.

The CDRW manual says "Connect an audio cable between the CD-RW drive and the computer's sound card. The cable is not provided due to the variety in connectors available in many soundcards and other hardware."

I'm new at this. Could someone please tell me which audio cable I need to buy and a place to get one for a reasonable price. The AUDIO OUT connector on the back of the drive looks like it is the diameter of a headphone jack, but much shorter. Also, which color connector of the sound card do I plug it into?

Thanks
GMY
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:29 pm

Welcome to CDRLabs! :D

First of all, you won't need to connect the audio cable unless you actually want to play audio CDs with this drive. You can make copies of audio CDs or copy tracks from audio CDs to your hard drive without this cable.

If you still need the cable, you can get one at www.radioshack.com. Search for "42-2387" at the Radio Shack web site; this will show you a cable that is probably what you need. I think you will need to plug this cable into the blue connector on your SB Live card.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives