Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Filenames in all Caps with underscore?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Filenames in all Caps with underscore?

Postby MikeTR on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:55 am

Strange sudden problem with Nero 5.5.

The last few compilations I made all had the same problem: all the filenames appeared in alls caps and underscore (FILE_NAME.). Both in the compilation window and on the burned CD's. In the File browser all files appear 'normal'.
When I change the View to Original (in the toolbar) all files in the compilation window seem OK again. But on the CD they are still in all caps.
I don't think I've changed anything since previous burns. What could cause this (or remedy it).
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:43 am

are you sure you are burning with ISO 9660, ISO level 2, with Joliet (in the ISO tab of the compilation info)?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MikeTR on Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:31 am

dodecahedron wrote:are you sure you are burning with ISO 9660, ISO level 2, with Joliet (in the ISO tab of the compilation info)?

That is my default setting yes, but now I am in doubt if the Joliet box (secondary volume descriptor) was marked on those burns. Will have to seen on my next burn I guess. I'll try as soon as I'm back home again.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)