Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CD binder pages for 8 CDs

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

CD binder pages for 8 CDs

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:32 pm

Does anyone know a good place in Canada or the U.S. that sells the CD binder pages that hold 8 CDs (4 on the front and 4 on the back) ??? I'm looking for *LOT'S* :D

Thanks!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:13 pm

Just FYI, all the CD Binders I have seen here pretty much can ruin the disk after long enough storage in those conditions.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby TheWizard on Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:54 am

No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:31 am

Thanks TheWizard, I was looking for Rima.com but I couldn't remember what they were called! they have VERY good pricing :D

Aviationwiz: Don't worry, I never store anything important in them.... and to be honest, it probably won't be me using them anyways!

Thanks! :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:13 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Just FYI, all the CD Binders I have seen here pretty much can ruin the disk after long enough storage in those conditions.

3-Ring CD Binders or binders/wallets/albums from Case Logic, Fellowes, cdProjects, and the like...which are you referring to?
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:25 pm

TheWizard wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:Just FYI, all the CD Binders I have seen here pretty much can ruin the disk after long enough storage in those conditions.

3-Ring CD Binders or binders/wallets/albums from Case Logic, Fellowes, cdProjects, and the like...which are you referring to?

I was refering to "binders/wallets/albums from Case Logic, Fellowes, cdProjects, and the like"
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby TheWizard on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:59 pm

Reawwy? Hmm, I haven't noticed any degradation of discs stored in my Case Logic et al wallets/binders, and they have been in storage for at least 3 years, maybe more. That said, do I think such wallets/binders are optimal for CD storage? No, but then again, I don't think there is an optimal storage medium. Discs will develop scratches over time, it's called regular wear and tear, and it happens with most anything.

My question to you is, if there is substantial proof that Case Logic et al wallets/binders ruin discs over time, then why are they still a very popular storage choice? If a major design flaw was discovered in their products that ruined discs, then I would imagine Case Logic et al would be out of business right quick. Although, I still see Case Logic et al making more wallets/binders, and people keep buying them.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:22 am

I could easily see people commonly buying and using products that destroy their CD-Rs.... I mean, people still buy CMC CD-Rs don't they? that's about the same right? :lol:

For me, I keep all my driver and most commonly used software install discs in 2 seperate binders. That way whenever I re-install windows I have everything I need RIGHT there :D

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:01 am

Come on, CMC discs aren't THAT bad. :) I have never had a problem with them. Are they the best? No. Are they the worst? No.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:43 pm

yeah, yeah, I know. CMC has gotten a lot better over the last few years. However they still put out a lot of crap! For instance, their optimum lone of CD-Rs has gone REALLY downhill ever since the 40x media came out. It's too bad too, since the 32x was really good! almost as good as Taiyo Yuden! :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:27 pm

Yeah, I heard the Optimum 48X discs weren't too good. The dregs of CMC media...certainly nowhere near Imation quality!
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:25 pm

Yeah, my Imation 32x discs are actually quite good.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:07 pm

Another satisfied customer!
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:47 pm

Don't even get me started on how bad Imation is. It is the absolute second worst of CMC media (Khypermedia is worst)

My friend had a 50 spindle and 5 disks worked. I had 20 disks from two ten packs, and 2 disks worked. It was not the burners, as we had the best at the time (HP's)

The moral of this story? Imation CD-R's Suck!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:03 pm

TheWizard wrote:Yeah, I heard the Optimum 48X discs weren't too good. The dregs of CMC media...certainly nowhere near Imation quality!

I agree! Did you see my review on them??

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:18 pm

Aviationwiz: What speed rating were those Imation discs that you and your friend used? I know that some of the older Imation discs weren't as good as the current ones.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:14 pm

Hmm, rated at maybe 12x. Tried them on both 4x and 10x burners.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:01 am

Ah, that explains it. The newer discs are a lot better.

The 16x Imations I bought a few years ago were OK, but they certainly weren't nearly as good as the new ones.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Action Jackson on Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:31 am

In Canada, Radio Shack and I think Ikea sell CD "Wallpaper".

My guess is that you can cut it down to size.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:48 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Don't even get me started on how bad Imation is. It is the absolute second worst of CMC media (Khypermedia is worst)

The moral of this story? Imation CD-R's Suck!

Everyone puts a lot of emphasis on brand, but when it comes to CD-R's, brands rarely mean anything. It's all about the manufacturers. Sure, older CMC discs were bad, but newer CMC discs are pretty good. Not stellar, but good enough. I have some 32X KHypermedia/CMC discs and they are A-OK, although perhaps they are the same 32X CMC discs that Imation put in their 32X spindles. That would account for why these discs were pretty good. I've heard complaints about 48X KHypermedia discs, and this would support the claim about 48X Optimum media being bad...since they're all CMC. It's not so much the brand, but more so the manufacturer.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden