Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Multimounter/multisession problems with Nero 6.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Multimounter/multisession problems with Nero 6.

Postby raichea on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:48 pm

I've posted a couple of issues with Ahead support, who initially asked for some debug info and screen shots, which I sent immediately. I've now not heard from them for nearly 4 weeks, despite repeated e-mails. A post to comp.publish.cdrom.software found me a link to this site... it's a relief to know I'm not on my own in my misery....

Details of both problems are below. The multimounter one has been recorded before I found, and doesn't seem to affect all users but has not been isolated. I don't see any references to my multisession problem however.

I have experienced both problems on three different Win2K installations.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Raichea
========
I have two problems with multisession CDs using Nero 6 (including latest available build 6.0.0.23). All this is running on Win2K SP4. If anyone here can shed any light, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Multimounter problem: No Volumes tab on drive properties, so can't access early sessions on the CD.

Multimounter is supposed to be installed with Nero 6, but I've also installed the package from the Ahead website manually. As far as I can tell, the multimounter is installed correctly:

* neroshx.dll is in the nero install folder (C:\Program Files\ahead\nero)
* I modified the multimounter.reg file as described, double-clicked to import to registry. I checked all of the keys mentioned in multimounter.reg and they appear to be registered correctly.
* NeroCD2K.SYS is installed in c:\winnt\system32\drivers (using the nerocd2k.inf file, as described). A popup appeared after rebooting, telling me that NeroCD2K.SYS was installed and asking me to reboot again (which I did).

However, there is no Volumes tab on the drive properties page.
=======
Multi-session file selection problem:

First time (start multisession): Source files from a folder on the hard disk. No root folder in compilation, create first session. Add one file, change one file, delete one file in source directory. Now set up to continue multisession and file selection is incorrect. The changed and deleted files are recognised correctly (all relevant boxes must be checked on the continue multisession dialog), but the new file is ignored.

If I follow exactly the same steps, but this time inside a root folder in the compilation, the new file is also are correctly recognised.

=====
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:52 pm

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:11 pm

Sorry for the late response. Being the Holidays and all, it's hard to get to the forums as often as I would like.

This issue has been reported some time back by one customer. I suspect it was 'Raichea' but can not confirm this yet. However, after a long period of time, the bug was closed due to an inabitlity of our QA team to duplicate the reported bug. Even I am not able to duplicate this issue, as I did test this before responding to this posting.

Is there anyone else out there with the same or similar configuration as 'Raichea' who is experiencing this symptom with our MultiMounter feature?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby raichea on Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:00 am

Yes - I have reported the problems noted directly to Ahead, as I said in my original post (using my real name, not my handle for public Internet usage).

Assuming it is my problem you are talking about, I'm dismayed to hear that it has been closed - I've certainly not been told that and there has been no response whatsoever to my questions about multisession problems described above, even though I went to a lot of trouble producing screen shots as requested.

There has been a separate thread about the multimounter, so it's possible you may be referring to whoever started it if they also raised a problem with Ahead. It can be found at:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... ltimounter

Raichea
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:04 pm

That thread shows that it was an issue with the Nero ImageDrive program. This has been noted and already addressed. That thread also shows that others were having success.

It's possible, if you have the older version of Nero, and you have the Nero ImageDrive installed, this could be your issue as well. But if you have upgraded, then this is not the issue in your case.

As for closing the issue, we normally close an issue after a 2 to 3 months of no progress, and no response back from the customer.

Who where you dealing with from Ahead on this issue?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby raichea on Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:51 pm

I'm away from my main computer at the moment. I'll find out who I was dealing with on Monday.
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Who was dealing with the issue?

Postby raichea on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:28 am

03Nov03: I first raised my two problems with Ahead
04Nov03: Claudius Hoerth requested a copy of NeroHistory.log. I returned the log and some additional info the same day.
04Nov03: A second note from Claudius asking me whether I'd set some basic options correctly for multisession recording. Slightly irritating, but I know that support don't know what level of experience I have, so I answer politely and also provide additional information. I've discovered that multisession works correctly if everything is inside a root folder in the compilation.
7Nov03: Three working days later and Claudius asks me a very basic question. It's a basic question, and actually irrelevant, but the irritation is that it took so long to ask it. It seems no-one is doing any real analysis or attempting to reproduce the problem - it feels like I'm just getting stock support questions and responses.
7Nov03: Vjekoslav Katic writes to me asking for screen shots of the multisession problem and the latest NeroHistory.log. I spent quite some time compiling 14 screen shots that fully illustrate the problem. He also asks me if the multimounter is installed correctly. I explain how I have installed the mounter, the steps I took to verify the installation is correct and sent the response, the screen shots and the log off the same day.
12Nov03: No response, so I resend the last note, screenshots and all, in case it got lost in the network.
19Nov03: Still no response. Have now reproduced the problem with 6.0.0.23
02Dec03: Still no response. Beginning to think Ahead have gone out of business (or just ignoring me....)
08Dec03: Still nothing from Ahead...
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:53 pm

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:01 pm

Hi Raichea,

The Gentleman you were working with are from our German Tech Support team. And the issue I had indicated as being reported and dropped was generated by our US tech team. So I believe it was a different customer for that issue.

I do have our US Tech Manager, Darrick Bady, going to Germany this Wednesday to meet with the Germany Tech Team and their new Tech Manager who is coming on board the first of the year. I will ask that he brings up your case and discuss what happend to the follow through.

But that does not quickly resolve your issue now.

I hate to ask, but really have not other option, if you still have these screenshots and information that you provided to Mr. Katic, could you send this information to me at techsupport4@nero.com?

So I can do my best to see what is going on, and either try and duplicate it, and if not then generate a bug report on this issue. If I am not able to duplicate it, I will contact you with the Bug Tracking number. So that you can then contact any of our support team, or myself, and ask them to check the status of the bug by providing them with the BT#.

The main reason I bring this up is that I will finally be going on Vaction on Dec 13, and I will not be back till Jan 4th. So if I can not resolve it before I leave, you can always follow it up with any other of our representatives via this BT#.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby raichea on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:24 am

I have resent the files to the address you gave above. Thanks for being responsive.

Raichea.
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Still no joy with multimounter

Postby raichea on Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:23 am

Thanks to Craig, I now understand why multisession isn't doing what I expected. If you drag all files from a folder to the root of a compilation, Nero treats them as individual files, not as the contents of a folder. Which sounds obvious, I suppose, but I think the documentation should spell this out more clearly.

Unfortunately, I am still having no joy with the multimounter. This is very exasperating!!

Raichea.
raichea
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)