Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Ahead InCD 4.0.7.2

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Ahead InCD 4.0.7.2

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:08 pm

Congratulations to Ahead...I got my first Blue Screen of Death since using Windows XP (used XP since Day 1)...I have no idea what you guys are doing...but you've lost me as a customer with this garbage and Nero 6.xx.xx.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:53 pm

I started downloading 4.0.7.2 a few minutes ago.

I have win 2000, perhaps, I too can look forward to a BSOD!.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby alchip80 on Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:01 pm

bobmitchell

Sorry your having some trouble. usually a blue screen is caused by some pre-existing corrupted driver and by adding a new program brings that to the surface. It may not have anything the do with InCD in most cases.

I installed the new InCD and found that the word bug has been fixed and that the tray Icon now works ( once you activate it in the options), also InCD seems to respond a little faster. I haven't had any issue with the blue screen caused directly by Incd itself since 3.5.19.1

what is the blue screen error message?
alchip80
CD-RW Thug

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:28 pm

4.0.7.2 makes my system hang. Will not allow me to format blank discs or any normal InCD feature...simply doesn't work for me.

I give up...

Bob

Back to drag to disc from Roxio....great alternative, huh?
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:39 pm

1. Help does not have info on the item added to InCD options menu.

2. Did a full erase of CD-RW media. When re-inserted in drive, Nero (6.0.0.19) started instead of InCD even tho I have InCD set to launch when blank media is inserted. So, either a full erase by InCD does not produce blank media or Nero and InCD are not playing nice together.

3. Upon shutting down Nero, after the above, I kept getting messages tat InCD had the drive locked. I had to reboot.

4. Tho not an InCD issue, EWR 4.0.0.13 does not properly handle drives that are handled by EWR 3.3.2.0. I've mentioned this in other threads.

5. Tho not an InCD issue, I just noticed that Add/Remove Programs lists "Ahead Nero 6 Demo". The listing should be "Ahead Nero 6".
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:51 pm

In order to get InCD 4.0.7.2 to properly format a CD-RW...I had to uninstall...install 4.0.5.6 and upgrade form there?????????????????

I am in the process of formatting as we speak...see if it finishes.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:26 pm

Formats CD-RW fine...just won't let me write to it. Used InCD clean tool...then Nero Clean tool. Reinstalled all Nero products from scratch...no good! 4.0.7.2 is NOT for me. Guess I'm just gonna do a custom install of Roxio Drag to disc 6.1.1.7.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:59 pm

So 4.0.7.2 doesn't work with my Plextor PX-708A or my Samsung SM-348B. Seems that it hangs and does lots of nasty stuff to the drives. I actually copied 500 MB of data to the Samsung drive with 4.0.7.2 and took it out. When I reinserted it...there was nothing on the disk. I re-formatted using MRW and then not MRW and copied files again...took forever and NOTHING. Back to 3.5.24 and everything is fine. Ahead obviously needs to work more on 4.xx.xx

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:36 pm

I am sorry to hear that InCD 4 caused a BSOD under your XP box. Notice that Ahead is working together with Microsoft on the OCA program (Online Crash Analysis) so if you have send the crash report to Microsoft it has most likely been assigned to Ahead and will together with other reports enable us to correct this error. It could also be that the fault is a conflicting driver, in which case Microsoft engineers analyze themselves the crash report and decide which company has to fix its driver (could be not Ahead).

About InCD 4.0.7.2 not working with PX-708A, this sounds quite odd to me as I've worked especially with this device as test device. Can you confirm your problems with InCD on this device and describe more exactly what occured?
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:11 pm

dburg

I have some further information for you. I went ahead (no pun intended) and purchaed Nero 6. It works fine with my PX-708A Plextor Multi Drive as well as my Samsung SM-348B...

Once I did that...I got really curious about InCD 4.0.7.2 again...so I uninstalled Drag to Disc and cleaned the registry. Then I did an install of 4.0.7.2 again...here's some interesting results...

When saving or deleting files using the Samsung...NO PROBLEMS! When using InCD in combination with the PX-708A...I can't open the files with the Plextor drive. I get a message that the program stopped working and must shut down. Blue screen is gone...but the Plexy doesn't work well with InCD...

Perhaps this bit of info may help...there is something about the Plextor drive that makes InCD crazy. So for the time being...I will only format, save and such using the Samsung Drive...

Still having Blue screen problems on my laptop! Toshiba 5205-S705...and Panasonic UJ-810 drive. Perhaps it's the DVD-RAM drivers that Panasonic put together for the DVD-RAM disk. It formats in UDF or Fat 32...perhaps a UDF conflict? However, InCD 3.5.24 works fine with it.

Desktop Config: Samsung SM-348B on IDE 1 as Master
Plextor PX-708A on IDE 2 as Master

Laptop...Toshiba set the UJ-810 as Slave to Hard Drive on IDE 1...I hate when they do that!

Any ideas???

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:49 pm

I will handle the Toshiba BSOD issue in the other thread.

About the Plextor PX-708A, a device which I have a sample here but not the problem you describe, which exact program has to be stopped (what name)?
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:49 am

The best example I can make. Let's say that you have a word document on a CD-RW (10X) and you want to open it. You first open word and then open the file. When I attempt to do that...even the search dialog will freeze...but only when opening with the Plextor...no freeze on my Samsung. Do you think it's possible that because the Plextor is rated at CD-RW (24X) that the slower media may be causing the problem? All of my CD-RW media, whether 10X or 24X is Mitsubishi Chemical...all seem to work fine to write to. Perhaps I should alert Plextor to this issue as well...maybe something for a firmware fix.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:46 pm

To Dave Burg...

I have isolated what I think is a potential problem. I just had an issue where InCD 4.0.7.2 blue screened me on reboot...using the Samsung SM-348B...Here's what I did. I downloaded a new version of a program. Deleted the old one from my Imation Ultra Speed 24X CD-RW and copied the new version to the CD-RW. BTW...the Imation Ultra was formatted with InCD 3.5.24.

Anyway...long story short...when I removed and rebooted...I got a blue screen that stated that a major error had occured and that windows XP Professional would shut down to avoid any further errors. Once I rebooted...I uninstalled InCD 4.0.7.2 and cleaned it out of my registry...then reinstalled. When I copied the file to the Imation CD-RW again...boom! Same error...reboot...this time...I took out my older Yamaha 10X CD-RW and copied the same file to it...NO ERROR on reboot. Did it on another Yamaha CD-RW 10X...NO ERROR on reboot. Took out another Imation 24X Ultra...copied the file...ERROR on reboot.

Still having problems with the Plexy PX-708A, though! When I write files to the drive...seems OK...then I hit the eject button and my P4-3066GHZ machine just simply locks up. I get the same error that the program shuts down and I have to hard boot. Don't get that at all. This time, I even left the CD-RW in the drive when I rebooted. When I got back into windows XP...the auto detect ran and the contents of the drive popped up...then I hit the eject button and Nothing...tried to get into Windows Explorer to do a manual eject and I was locked up again...Yet...doesn't happen with the Samsung drive.

Also...for test sake...I formatted another Imation Ultra in the Samsung using 4.0.7.2 and when I rebooted...no error at all. Also...I do not use the Mount Ranier when I format...so they are done the old fashioned way...

For the sake of clarity...both the Yamaha's and Imations are Mitsubishi Chemical media. Hope this post sheds some light...

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:09 pm

Not that I can grant success, as I was not able to reproduce your issue, but maybe you can try the new InCD 4.1.0.0 and see if it helps? (There is a *lot* of changes in it, although not interface changes).
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:05 pm

Thanks...

I will...

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)