Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Back-it-up

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Back-it-up

Postby danothemano on Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:08 pm

Has anyone used and then restored a Nero 6 BackItUp (1.2.0.1) task successfully? I used it to backup some data files and then scheduled the backup as a daily task. All seemed to work okay until I tried to restore some data and got message that BackItUp could not open the compressed file.

Note: I backup to a CD-R disc

Thanks
danothemano
Buffer Underrun

Postby rbmorse on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:16 pm

I only tried it once and the machine crashed to reboot about halfway through the verification of the first disk. Haven't had time or inclination to try it again.

Put the resulting coaster to good use on the Xmas tree, though.
Regards
rbmorse
Buffer Underrun

Postby Brett on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:54 pm

I don't use compression, but I'm having a different problem. If I create a new automated backup job, it fails when it trys to run, saying it can't find the target (SCSI CD-RW). If I create a backup, and then convert it to a job, the automated backup to CD-RW works fine.

However, after I've made a backup, I can't read what has been backuped up to a CD-RW disc unless I eject it and then close the drawer.
Brett
Buffer Underrun

Postby danothemano on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:41 am

Thank guys

So far with Nero 6 I can't get InCD or Backitup to work reliably I'm starting to think this program is just another ECDC 5.0 :(
danothemano
Buffer Underrun

Postby Brett on Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:32 pm

Yeah, unfortunately it seems to have a ways to go until it is ready for prime time. I actually had fewer problems with the previous version. It may take some time, but eventually Ahead will get it right.
Brett
Buffer Underrun

Postby al_bongo on Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:08 am

Has anyone used and then restored a Nero 6 BackItUp (1.2.0.1) task successfully? I used it to backup some data files and then scheduled the backup as a daily task. All seemed to work okay until I tried to restore some data and got message that BackItUp could not open the compressed file.

I'm getting this problem - I'll try it without compression I suppose.
al_bongo
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)