Home News Reviews Forums Shop

HELP!! Nero 6 won't burn my DVDs

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

HELP!! Nero 6 won't burn my DVDs

Postby hogluvr on Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am

OK, another question from the dreaded newbie. I am trying to burn my first disc, I have compressed and encoded it with DVDShrink. Nero will not let me burn it as a DVD video :evil:

It will only let me burn it as UDF/ISO (whatever the heck that is :oops: ), and comes up with an error message saying it is the wrong format. Everytime I try burning it as a DVD-video, the burn button greys out, and won't let me do anything :cry:

Can anyone help a poor, helpless noob???
hogluvr
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:14 am

An ISO is an image of the disc or movie.ISO's are exact copies.If you have a Movie that is less than 4.37 gb you can ISO it and burn it in that ISO/UDF function in nero and have an exact copy of the movie.To ISO a movie elss than 4.37 gb,you can use a prog like DCS dvd copy suite or CloneDVD.You can actually just rip the movie in DVD Srink with "NO" compression.Of course you can't rip them cause your having probs.What version of Nero do you use?Do you have Nero Vision Express?

E
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:19 am

IMO Nero Burning Rom sucks but if you must use Nero Express,better yet I would use DVDDecrypter to burn an ISO image.

www.dvddecrypter.com
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby hogluvr on Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:03 pm

I'm using Nero 6.0.0.23. I actually did rip the movie using DVDShrink, and still needed to compress it because it was more than 4.37g. Yes, I have Nero Vision Express, it wouldn't let me burn in that either (same greyed-out burn button thing).

I tried another movie that was a little over 2g using DVD Decrypter, and basically burned a copy of "Barney on Acid" :o for my 1-year-old, it had a very badly-pixilated picture. Oh well, back to the drawing board... :roll:
hogluvr
Buffer Underrun

Postby vsekh on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:49 pm

Get dvdshrink 3.0 beta 5. It will compress your dvd automatically so that it fits to one dvd without having to manually select the compression ratio. You can copy the files to the video folder and burn away.

Here is the link:

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?f ... 0beta5.zip
vsekh
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:50 am

I just ran Nero Express and got a greyed out "burn" button for this reason below.
Make sure that the compressed files you want to burn are placed the "VIDEO_TS" folder in the Nero Express window(i.e...double click on the VIDEO_TS folder in the Nero Express window to open it up.It'll be a Red folder icon.There should be nothing in it when you open it.Then hit the add button and find where you put the rip't files that you want to burn and hit "add" and when you're done hit "finished").
That's how I got the greyed out "Burn" button.Try and see.
Make sure you try DVDShrink 3 like vsekh posted earlier.It has an autocompress feature and is a snap to use.

LET ME KNOW.

E
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby kevincott on Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:24 am

I have used dvdshrink with the free burnatonce to great success. Give it a try.
kevincott
CD-RW Thug

Postby hogluvr on Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:26 am

NoSmartz, you rock!!

You were right, I was just dragging the files over, and they were ending up "underneath" the VIDEO & AUDIO TS folders. I opened up the video folder, added the files like you said, and burned away! Made a perfect backup copy!!

Thanks so much for the advice. :D

Kevincott, I have the burnatonce program downloaded, and will try it out if I ever run into problems again :wink:

Thanks guys for the help...

Hogster
hogluvr
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:10 pm

Excellent! :D
I'm glad it worked.
The first time I used Nero I did the same thing.I think that happens to everyone who uses it for the first time.

Keep on rippin'!

E
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)