Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 n00b question

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6 n00b question

Postby Rockymaru on Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:49 pm

I'm more used to using EZ CD Creator 2.5 (ooold school) when backuping up everyday files to a CD-R/RW, so forgive me for sounding like a n00b. What option is available for backuping up files, making it viewable in all PC's, yet keeping it open for burning in the future? Using Nero 6.3.0.0, what is it called? Where do I find it? How do I make the contents viewable again in Nero?

Much obliged to the person who can be of service.
Rockymaru
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:05 pm

It's called Nero BackItUp.Comes with Burning Rom I believe.

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby Rockymaru on Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:37 pm

NoSmartz wrote:It's called Nero BackItUp.Comes with Burning Rom I believe.

Thanks for the quick follow-up, NoSmartz. I'm not familiar w/ "BackItUp." I mean in terms of opening StartSmart, then Data->"Make Data Disc," what is it called to leave the disk open for futher writing, but currently closing it to make it viewable on your PC? This is what I'm familiar w/, yet I do not remember the name of it.
And, in the future, how would Nero recognize the contents of the CD/DVD in the bottom menu (well, the default view is Vertical, I made it Horizontal...so I guess it would be the left-hand side in vertical view mode), so you could go back and add more data?
Rockymaru
Buffer Underrun

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:15 am

In Nero Burning ROM, there is a tab labelled Multisession. It has 3 option buttons: Start Multisession, Continue Multisession, no Multisession.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:53 am

From Startsmart: After selecting "Make data disc" you get the Add Files screen. After adding files and clicking "Next" you get a screen that says: Nero Express and Final Burn Settings. That screen has a check box labelled: Allow files to be added later (No Multisession).

If you are making a data disc for backup purposes and want to add files later, you want "Multisession".

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Rockymaru on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:32 am

CowboySlim wrote:In Nero Burning ROM, there is a tab labelled Multisession. It has 3 option buttons: Start Multisession, Continue Multisession, no Multisession.

Slim

So I'd chose "Start Multisession," burn; then when I'd want to go back later to add more, I'd simply chose "Continue multisession." Correct?
Rockymaru
Buffer Underrun

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:56 pm

Yes. I do that to save photos. Everytime that I download from the camera, I just add (Continue Multisession) that most recent folder to a non- full CD-R. When the most recent CD is full, I put in a fresh CD-R(Start multisession).

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Rockymaru on Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:48 am

Hey Slim. Thank you for your input. I was able to not only read a past multisession disk, but add to it, using Nero Burning ROM.
It's really great!

Thanks again!
Rockymaru
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)