Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Couple more issues regarding NeroVision 2

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Couple more issues regarding NeroVision 2

Postby MrWalnut on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:01 pm

My first issue is that NeroVision 2 spits out coasters. The only way i get a working DVD is to write the files to the hard drive then write that to a DVD using Burning ROM. Any one else had this issue? Any tips on fixing it?

Second issue covers both NeroVision and Burning ROM (and possibly any other program in the Nero Suite that burns a disc). The program will only let me write at 2.4x speed, but id like to turn it down to 1x. Ive seen this asked about on other forums, but no answers. So i figured id try again here. (forgive me if its already been answered, i tried a search and turned up nothing)

Thanks in advance
MrWalnut
Buffer Underrun

Postby BurninMan921 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:19 pm

If you're using DVD+R discs, 2.4x is the lowest you can go - it's basically "1x" for the DVD+R format. DVD-R can go down to 1x.
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby MrWalnut on Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:35 pm

Ah! Again, thank you BurninMan

A little more insight into the NeroVision burning problem: It appears the program is only burning the main menu and none of the videos. On a DVD+RW test i just did, the menu popped up just fine, but one of the links started playing a portion of a video previously encoded on the disc (i used quick erase on the RW). Most of the links just crashed the player.

This data should have been overwritten with something, even if it were garbage, had NeroVision completed the burn process. The previous movie took up a small amount of the disc and the one i attempted to burn would have nearly filled it.

Overall, I am dissapointed in Nero. In my attempt to find a quick solution to turning DivX files into DVD's NeroVision has proven it cant transcode correctly (audio synch problems, sometimes severe), cant burn reliably (the above mentioned issue), and costs a hell of a lot more than other programs.
MrWalnut
Buffer Underrun

Postby BurninMan921 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:13 pm

I'd have to agree. NVE isn't that great. Anything you make with it should probably be burned with Nero BurningROM, not within NVE. And it does tend to kill the quality. Ah well. At least Recode2 rocks! (It should! It's really DVDShrink, and not written by Ahead!)
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby BurninMan921 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:19 pm

Oh, the +RW issue may be a burner/media problem. I burned a disc on my friends Lite-On DVD buner, onto a DVD+RW disc that came with the drive. That drive could read the disc fine. Neither my Lite-On DVD-ROM drive or my Optorite DVD burner could read the disc. The Optorite reported it as being "blank". I don't trust RW discs, and sure as heck don't trust Lite-On burners. The disc burned perfectly in my Optorite, and could be read by everthing. I've reburned it about 6 times so far, for testing/preview purposes.
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:23 pm

I can't transcode to DIVX either with NVE.Pain in the a#*.I'd agree with the Recode 2 synopsis though,it RAWKS!!!!!!!

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:42 am

@MrWalnut,
Use TMPGEnc to encode video,Nero's encoder sucks.
www.tmpgenc.net
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)