Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Weird language problems with CD Speed

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Weird language problems with CD Speed

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:02 am

is anyone having strange language problems with the GUI of CD Speed like i am?
look at these pics:

note:
in my (WindowsXP) Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced tab, i have Hebrew selected as Lanuguage for non-Unicode programs.
if i leave it English then i can't see hebrew subject lines in Outlook Express (otherwise i'm fine with English. but living in Israel i do receive Hebrew email and seeing the subject line as jibberish is annoying).

if i change to English then CD Speed looks fine. but in Hebrew, well you can see for yourself.

is anyone having simiar issues (especially peeps from outside the US)?

this has started with version 2.02.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby cold_fusion on Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:09 pm

What language of windows are you running? Arabian?! :o :o :o

Reinstall Nero man. See if that solves it. Also, if you didn't download nero from a english website try doing so.

Cheers!
cold_fusion
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:50 am

Hebrew.

Nero has been updated/reinstalled at least once since this weird effect began, made no difference.

i only download Nero from Nero's (Ahead's) official website. that's not the issue.

any other suggestions?
anyone else (who'se using another language on his computer apart from English) seen this effect???
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:12 am

It's really annoying that CD Speed forces you to use local language - that you can't choose the language you prefer. :evil:
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:33 am

Han wrote:It's really annoying that CD Speed forces you to use local language - that you can't choose the language you prefer. :evil:

???
i don't understand your comment Han.
do you have the same issues i have with CD Speed if Lanuguage for non-Unicode programs is set to a language other than English?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:56 am

I haven't played much with the new CD/DVD Speed, but I did try to find the language setting without success. There, as far as I know, isn't any option to choose the English or German, or any other language for the program's interface.

In my case Slovenian language is the default and only language in CD/DVD Speed. It sucks you have to change Windows Regional Settings to apply different language for CD/DVD Speed...

And yes, translation is incomplete + bugy.
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:14 pm

i think you mistunderstood (or i haven't been clear enough).

my WinXP is in English (all the dialogs, menubars etc.). that's the way i want it.
come to think of it, i don't know how, or if at all, it's possible to change the language of the Windows UI to a different language.
AFAIK the UI language of Windows is hard-coded into the OS and i can't change it.

now in Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced tab, there's a box titled Lanuguage for non-Unicode programs (there's something similar in Win2K, the names might be a bit different).
i set this to Hebrew, because if it's set to English then the text of the subject lines in the Outlook Express is gibberish (the email text itself is fine).
but then i have this weird CDSpeed.

if i chage the Lanuguage for non-Unicode programs to English CDSpeed looks normal.

as far as i can tell there's a bug in CDSpeed and its interaction with Windows UI, that causes it to behave in this weird way if Lanuguage for non-Unicode programs is non-English.

Han, if i understand you correctly, your entire Windows UI is Slovenian, right?
and how does your CDSpeed look? the UI is Slovenian too (as it should be)? and you don't have the weird problem i'm having?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:14 pm

i guess i'll have to contact Erik Deppe.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:05 pm

I'm running English version of Windows 2000 Professional. UI is in English and can't be changed thru Regional settings. There I have selected Central Europe + Slovenian local settings to properly show local characters and other stuff.

Uhh, I have to confess and apologize. :oops: Newer Nero CD-DVD Speed does have the option to change the UI language (File - Options - Language).

I do see such display problems you do if I choose Hebrew language, except that I see question marks at exactly the same spots...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:54 pm

Han wrote:Uhh, I have to confess and apologize. :oops: Newer Nero CD-DVD Speed does have the option to change the UI language (File - Options - Language).

DUH!
i have even more appologizing to do than you!!! :o :o :o

i never considered the possibility that CD Speed has a Language setting!!! :o (i'm' sure the older CD Speed didn't!)
checking, indeed it was set to Hebrew!!!
(why is a mystery to me. i don't have ANY setting on the computer for that - in Regional and Language options in Control Panel i have standard laguage set as English (US) and Location set as US!
apparently it picked it up from the registry somewhere where F**king MS Office sets some things to Hebrew irreversibly).

changed to Enlish and restarted CD Speed, it's perfectly NORMAL with everything in English.

i guess that CD Speed is still buggy but it's not the bug i had thought it was, it's just buggy Hebrew translation (only some things translated properly the others left in English). just like you said Han: "And yes, translation is incomplete + bugy."

thaks Han for helping me overcome my oversight!

Han wrote:I do see such display problems you do if I choose Hebrew language, except that I see question marks at exactly the same spots...
small wonder :wink:

maybe i should pull a few strings and have the mods remove this entire topic, a testament to my stupidity :o :wink: :D
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:02 pm

dodecahedron wrote:maybe i should pull a few strings and have the mods remove this entire topic, a testament to my stupidity :o :wink: :D

There's nothing stupid in this topic. I think we all learnt a lesson here. :wink:

I'm sure that older versions of the program did not have the language selection option...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Han wrote:
dodecahedron wrote:maybe i should pull a few strings and have the mods remove this entire topic, a testament to my stupidity :o :wink: :D

There's nothing stupid in this topic. I think we all learnt a lesson here. :wink:

OK...swing to the opposite extreme...maybe i should make a FAQ out of this! :D :lol:

Han wrote:I'm sure that older versions of the program did not have the language selection option...

you're right. i just checked, there wasn't.

thanks again, mate. :)
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)