Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Torque (the movie)

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Torque (the movie)

Postby Ian on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:27 pm

As many of you know, I'm a sucker for movies with fast cars/bikes, chicks in skimpy outfits and cheesie special effects. I also can't pass up any movie with Ice Cube in it. Needless to say, Torque was top on my list of movies to see this past weekend.

In all honesty, it was better than I expected. If you go see it, make sure you look at the spinning sign in the beginning (it has a hidden message) and keep your eyes peeled for a cameo of Jesse James (West Coast Choppers). Some of the bikes in the movie are his.

Anyone have any info on that jet powered bike at the end? I want one. 0-200mph in 10 seconds. :o
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby NoSmartz on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:47 pm

That bike is real and is made in Franklin,La.They get the jet engines from used jet ranger helicopters.They want a chunk of change for em and I believe you have to get on a waiting list to get one.Here's a link
http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/2001/8/recycled_jet_setter/

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby BurninMan921 on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:37 am

The current issue of FHM has an article on it. It's called the Y2K...0 to 60 in 1.5 seconds! Nice, especially if you want to be an organ donor! :)
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden