Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Why Nero Vision Takes 4Hrs to Burn 1.5hrs of Video

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Why Nero Vision Takes 4Hrs to Burn 1.5hrs of Video

Postby TCAS on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:40 am

I have just captured and recorded 1.5 hrs of Video (MPEG Format) from TV and now trying to burn it in DVD disk (DVD format), Nero Burning Rom refuse to burn it because of wrong format file even though it is in MPEG format, tried with function of Make DVD Video from Nero Vision Express 2 (additing video files) takes 3.5 hrs of transcoding it then some times to record it. The question is when the captured file in MPEG format why Nero VisionExpress 2 tries to transcode it again and wast 3.5 hrs?.I appreciate any comment or constructive suggestion.

P.S> I am using Nero 6.0.023
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:16 pm

NeroVision Express does allow MPEG-2/DVD Compliant files to pass through without re-encoding. In the past, we would quickly check to see if it was compliant, and then just assume it would be fully compliant. However, this caused failures in many cases, as not all MPEG-2/DVD files were fully compliant.

Now we check the full MPEG-2 file and correct those areas in the source file that are not fully compliant, to prevent such errors or failed writes.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:21 pm

Craig;

Thank you for you response on this issue, so my understanding from your answer is that inorder not to miss any none complaint file to pass through, now Nero Vision goes through the transcoding process to ensure complete complaince. This is very painsticking process to spend 4 hrs of transcoding a 4 GB file which already is MPEG format file. Is there any realistic solution for this?.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:19 pm

NeroVision checks for complaints first. If it's fully compliant, it does re-encode the source file.

But if it does find problems or incorrect MPEG-2 Flags, it will correct the MPEG-2 flags to make it 100% compliant.

We do not yet have an option to disable this, meaning to allow you to tell NVE to pass it through as is.

In the past, we had a number of customers run into failed burn attempts due to this issue, which is why we now check for proper MPEG-2 flags.

The DVD Demystified FAQ section covers this in one of the FAQs to a small degree. (Not how NVE responds, but incorrect MPEG2 flags in general)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)