Home News Reviews Forums Shop

cdrw/dvdr drives arent recognised!?

Burn baby burn!

cdrw/dvdr drives arent recognised!?

Postby cd pirate on Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:10 am

k. i already posted this @ cdfreaks but have no response. maybe someone here can help.

ok. i start up my comp this morning. it loads up then straight away some clone dvd thing says that my device drivers are corrupted and must be unistalled. so i press ok. then i go to my comp and i cant see any of my writers and roms. i go to device manager and it has a list of my devices under cdwr/dvd that arent recognised and it has a yellow sign with an elclamation mark next to all of them.

so i double click and it says "windows cannot load the device drivers for the hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39).

i tried unistalling the ide channels and rebooting. same problem still exists. tried to reinstall the drivers for the drives but it cant find any new ones or something. arrrrrgg . why did this happen!??? why does all this wird stuff always happen to me??

somebody please help. what can i do?!

BTW, i hve the same prob with my graphics card. its device drivers have been deleted also.
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby wicked1 on Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:16 am

could be many things but I'd check for any signs of a virus with a scanner. Best bet reinstall it all since I am sure like us all that use burners for backups that you have a backup 8)
Pioneer dvr-108,NEC 3540,BenQ 1640,LiteOn 1693S
Intel pentium D 930 oc to 4.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2 1066 mhz ram
geforce 7600GT
sb audigy 2 zs platnum
hardware mpeg2 encoder card

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good
wicked1
CD-RW Player

Postby cd pirate on Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:35 am

how can i reinstall anything when my cdrw/dvdrom arent recognised??
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:42 am

If your BIOS does not recognize the optical drives, then you really have a problem on your hands. Chances are it is only Windows that is giving you trouble, so in essence, you can reinstall everything, just insert the Windows CD when you boot the computer (before reaching the Windows screen). Double-check to make sure you BIOS recognizes the drives.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby cd pirate on Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:14 am

oh and BTW. i will scan for viruses. but, i dont have that comp connected to the net so i dont see how it could have a virus.
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:19 am

Uninstall CloneDVD and your IDE channels then reboot.If that doesn't help install ForceASPI,if that doesn't work you will have to do a clean install.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby cd pirate on Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:22 am

help me do a clean install. everything is Fuc***. i tried repairing windows but its gone haywire. i cant even get to windows anymore. it keeps telling me it wants to install windows. then it says it needs a file from the cd. i press ok but it doesnt do nothing. i tried the windowsxp cd on different drives but it does nothing. so i cancel and it says a fatal error happened and it wants to restart. the cycle continues.

so. i want to reinstall the whole thing. i dont have much on the comp so i dont care if it erases everything. how do i do a clean install. im in the install part now. do i have to dlete my previous partition? help me.
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:00 am

Format the existing partition using NTFS. You'll see the option during the Windows install. Just remember, formatting will wipe your entire hard drive, but you said you don't mind losing all your data.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives