Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Can't play authored DVD's on Toshiba stand alone player

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Can't play authored DVD's on Toshiba stand alone player

Postby parsoons on Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Hi, I've just gotten into DVD burning and am having a problem. I'm using Nero 6 Ultra (latest version). I've copied several movies onto +R, -R, and RW's and can play them with no problem on my Plextor 708 and my stand alone player, a Toshiba SD-4900. However, my authored DVD's (VHS home movie transfers) will only play on the Plextor. Whenever I load them into the Toshiba, it either just sits there doing nothing or sometimes I get the following message:
! Check region code
The region is set correctly in the software and as I said, other burned movie DVD's work fine in all disk formats on the Toshiba and the authored transfers work great on the Plextor. I'm thinking that the problem lies with the menuing system in the way Nerovision Express puts them down and the Toshiba. I may be missing something in the setup in the software when setting up the menus. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what to try next. I'd really like to be able to enjoy these transfers on my big screen. Thanks!
parsoons
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:54 pm

I also think it is your authoring software(Nero),I recommend Ulead MovieFactory,Sonic MyDVD or NeoDVD.I personally like Ulead products because they allow you to output to File or ISO mode to be burned by Nero,etc.
www.ulead.com
www.sonic.com
www.mediostream.com
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby parsoons on Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:56 am

Hi all, I retried this operation in Nerovision Express but this time unchecked the -Create menu on disk- option and now they play perfectly on the stand alone Toshiba. Guess it doesn't like NVE's menuing system. Anyway, thanks!
parsoons
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:19 pm

This is a bug our Engineers have been made aware of, and have already addressed. The next release of NeroVision Express will include the fix for this.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby parsoons on Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:45 pm

Any idea when that release will be Craig? I may stop transferring my videos until then.

Thanks
parsoons
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:56 pm

We always try and come out with a new release at the begining of every month. So I would expect it in the first week of Febuary.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:18 pm

Anyone still having issues with playing a DVD Created with NeroVision Express 2.1.0.8 in their Stand Alone DVD Players?

We believe we have resolved this bug with our Menu Creation preventing playback on some DVD Players, but need feedback from users before we can close this bug report. :D :-?

Thanks for any and all Input!!

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)