Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Ritek does it again!

What was that?

Ritek does it again!

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:06 pm

So I get a call from Ritek today, tell me that the company I work for can no longer be distributors at their "tier one" price level, because we do not order 500,000pcs per month from them (per item...).

When I confronted them about their "tier one" pricing which allows for only about $0.01 CAD profit when wholesaleing to retail resellers, who in turn only make about $0.03-$0.04 CAD, they told me that they were aware of this problem, but had no solution.

Then I mentioned to them that the price of Taiyo Yuden DVDRs is now reaching the same price (and actually CHEAPER in some cases!!!) as their media, they told me that they were aware of this also.

They then went on to tell me that they understand that there are other brands of media out there of decent quality, and much more competitive prices, but that there is nothing they can do about it.

Needless to say, the fact that my workplace will now have to pay another $0.03-$0.04 USD per disc on top of the already overly inflated prices for Ritek, is enough to push the product out of our lineup. What a waste of time!!!

Good riddence Ritek, and I hope all your customers follow the lead.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:32 pm

Ritek=Poopy-heads :D
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:45 pm

burninfool wrote:Ritek=Poopy-heads :D

Yeah, their service is the worst in the industry... seriously!

Princo is more customer oriented then Ritek is! (and yes, I know this first hand)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves