A couple of days before due to some reason unknown to me my SMPS died.When I switched the computer and the spike guard to start the computer,there was a sparking noise,due to which the fuses in the UPS and spike guard blew off.When I checked the motherboard,I found that the capacitors surrounding the CPU socket had blown off.When I checked in detail,I saw that about 70 % of the capacitors have blown off.
The board is a MSI make VIA 8601 based running a Intel P 3 900 Mhz.I have had no problems before this.I have a 600 VA UPS and a spike guard conncted after the UPS to which the computer is connected.
I have a question,is the processor dead?Also is there any possibilty that the board will be okay if I change all the capacitors?
I am afraid of plugging in the processor in some other good board,as if the processor is faulty,it may damage the good board.
Waiting for some replies.