Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sony DRU-500 and Nero problem...

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Postby replica on Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:25 am

Hello,
Just bought a Sony DRU-500a (f-firmware) and tried to burn my first DVD-R yesterday with Nero 5.5.9.17. I ripped a DVD and processed it in IFOedit but when I want to burn it, Nero says something like: 'Cannot write multisession disc to this type of media (i.e. non-finalized).' I can then choose between 'Stop multisession', 'Stop DAO' or 'Cancel'. I just hit cancel because I don't know what the other options do. The media is a brand new Verbatim DVD-R.
When I burn a DVD+RW everything works fine...anyone any ideas ?

Frederic
replica
Buffer Underrun

Postby Pradeep on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:25 am

No need to have multisession for a DVD-Video. Hit Stop multisession. To avoid the problem in the future choose no multisession when starting the burn process.
Pradeep
CD-RW Thug

Postby sadamahan on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:53 am

I too have been having exactly the same problem as described by replica. Whenever I try to burn multisession DVD-R or DVD-RW with Nero. 5.5.9.17, I get the strange error: cannot write multisession disc to this type of media (i.e. non-finalized).' I can then choose between 'Stop multisession', 'Stop DAO' or 'Cancel'.

I can make multisession discs with DVD+R and DVD+RW though.

Is this a problem with the 1.0f firmware or is it just Nero's limited support for the Sony DRU-500A drive?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Sada
sadamahan
Buffer Underrun

Have you guys tried Recordnow?

Postby Justin42 on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:41 pm

Try the RecordNow software that comes with the drive, although I'm not 100% sure it even supports multisession (the software) -- you may need to get RecordNow Max to try.

Nero's support for the DRU500 seems very lacking, so I would blame Nero for any burning weirdness, at least until the next revision comes out...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby TechMan on Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:30 pm

I don,t think you are having a problem. If i read somewhere correctly the
DVD-R/RW format does not support multi session but mulit session works with DVD+R/RW.
TechMan
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers