Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sony DRU-500A & Nero -- POWER CALIBRATION ERROR???

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Sony DRU-500A & Nero -- POWER CALIBRATION ERROR???

Postby dmbfan36_23 on Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:13 pm

Alright so I got my 500A this weekend...finally installed it last night and decided to try a CD-R first.... I have Imation 32x, Phillips 40x, Sony 32x media.... the Imation & Phillips CDRs give me a Power Calibration Error at 24x..... Imation does same thing at 20x.... Phillips burned successfully @ 20x... didn't try the sony media yet..... So what the hell is a Pow. Cal. Error?.... I'm using Nero 5.5.9.17 and PowerBurn was enabled..... a 24x Simulation with both Imation and Phillips discs succeeded... but that's not an acutal burn.....
dmbfan36_23
Buffer Underrun

Re: Sony DRU-500A & Nero -- POWER CALIBRATION ERROR???

Postby ewitte on Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:45 pm

dmbfan36_23 wrote:Alright so I got my 500A this weekend...finally installed it last night and decided to try a CD-R first.... I have Imation 32x, Phillips 40x, Sony 32x media.... the Imation & Phillips CDRs give me a Power Calibration Error at 24x..... Imation does same thing at 20x.... Phillips burned successfully @ 20x... didn't try the sony media yet..... So what the hell is a Pow. Cal. Error?.... I'm using Nero 5.5.9.17 and PowerBurn was enabled..... a 24x Simulation with both Imation and Phillips discs succeeded... but that's not an acutal burn.....

Basically power calibration is when the laser is being warmed up. I've only seen the error once. It was because of the media they were using (4-10x CDRW on 4x CDRW) was not compatible with the drive. Generally anything could be the problem though. If your getting it with every media you try then there is a problem.

Eric
ewitte
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers