Home News Reviews Forums Shop

SONY DRU500a I GOT ONE (AUSTRALIA)

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

SONY DRU500a I GOT ONE (AUSTRALIA)

Postby gianniz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:26 am

ok I got this drive 3 days ago.. at first I was very dissapointed as nothign seemed to work apart from the sony DVD+RW that came with the drive. However after a long trial and error I have found that SONY DRU500a is incompatible with VIA IDE DRIVER!!! before I used to get coasters using NERO/EASYCD CREATOR/VERITAS RECORD NOW (the software that came with) using DVD-R/RW (haven't tried +R) but after remvoing this driver (i woked up 4am in the morning and gave it a try) and installing default microsoft driver and magically my drive became the best investement i made :) it works perfectly!! 100% burns with no problem detected all cheapass media (although with RECORDNOW) haven't tried NERO as record now works :) plus i dont trust nero 5.5.9.14 as it doesnt officially support my drive yet (interesting note as neoseeker used 5.5.9.16 for review where did they get this!).

I have burn dvd movies/just normal files and XBOX games and all worked 100%

I AM 100% satified customer and I recommend this to anyone.

if anyone want more info or wants me to test something out for them let me know my icq is 25887179 or gianniz@hotmail.com (MSN)

CIAO

PS> i am in Australia
gianniz
Buffer Underrun

Postby dmbfan36_23 on Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:34 pm

Nero 5.5.9.17 is available on Nero's site... they released it on 10/31...
dmbfan36_23
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:20 pm

I also have the DRU-500 and I have Nero with the 5.5.9.17 upgrade. Other software such as the RcordNow seems to work okay but Nero is okay until I try to address the drive then the whole system freezes. I feel this is a system problem because others have used Nero successfully. That is the only problem I have had with the drive and I feel that is not a drive problem since other software, including DVD Dycriptor, seem to work okay.
Anyone have any ideas about that. Maybe a total re-install of Nero is the answer.

Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers