Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Star Wars Saga To Be Re-Released In 3D

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Star Wars Saga To Be Re-Released In 3D

Postby Ian on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 am

Yup... its official. The Star Wars saga is going to be released in 3D starting with Episode I The Phantom Menace some time in 2012.

http://starwars.com/movies/saga/announce3d/index.html

Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today that the live-action Star Wars Saga will be converted to 3D! There are few movies that lend themselves more perfectly to 3D; from the Death Star trench run to the Tatooine Podrace, the Star Wars Saga has always delivered an entertainment experience that is completely immersive. Presented by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm Ltd., the cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level, with Industrial Light & Magic supervising the project. Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace is expected to be released theatrically in 2012. A release date has not yet been determined.

"Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right," said John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic. "It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience."

As Jar Jar would say... meesah sooo happy..
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Star Wars Saga To Be Re-Released In 3D

Postby SithTracy on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm not interested and I gotta feeling it will not do well in theaters. I don't feel the nostalgia is there with Episodes I - III. It's time for this 3D fad to die... Last I checked, we live in a 3D world... It's overrated and I don't have to wear special glasses!
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:26 am

I'm more excited about seeing episodes 4, 5 and 6 but we'll have to wait until 2015 to see those.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Anyone else go and see The Phantom Menace? The wife and I took the two boys this morning. It was great seeing it in high-def on the big screen and the 3D effects are actually quite good. No Jar Jar tongues in your face or anything. ;)
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:38 am

Have not had a chance to. My oldest plays travel basketball and we are on the go. May put it to a vote this afternoon and hit a matinee.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden