Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Transformers To Be Released on HD DVD and Blu-ray

Blu-ray Disc Writers, BD Combo and BD-ROM Drives

Transformers To Be Released on HD DVD and Blu-ray

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Still no word on when it will be released, but there's going to be multiple versions.. including Blu-ray and HD DVD.

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/tr ... try-id-139

The Transformers DVD...when does it come out you ask. What's it gonna have? What I can tell you is this: there will be 2 versions:

1- A regular version with no extras (just a director commentary).

2.- A multi-disc version with the movie w/ director's commentary and additional disc(s) with tons of extra stuff.

Transformers will also be available on HD-DVD and Blu-ray formats.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:15 pm

I wonder if the Blu-ray/HD DVD releases will have all of the "extra" goodies or just be a stripped down, movie-only release. I doubt they will release multiple versions of the film simultaneously on HD DVD / Blu-ray...
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 pm

It seems like it'd be insane to segment an already tiny percentage of sales. Not to mention the HD versions should have more than enough space for the extras.

I just hope the HD/Blu releases are equivalent in terms of compression, audio formats, etc.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:51 pm

I wonder if the HD DVD version will have additional extras not available on the Blu-ray version, like on 300. 8)
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:48 am

Justin42 wrote:I just hope the HD/Blu releases are equivalent in terms of compression, audio formats, etc.

Not me, I hope the studio actually takes advantage of Blu-Ray's superior bandwidth and capacity to really go all out in terms of quality.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

I guess what I meant was a non-neutered BluRay release, like all of the movies that seem to be getting TrueHD audio on HD and just plain ol' Dolby Digital on BluRay.

They need to make the releases on EITHER format truly shine, or else people won't get what they need to buy one of these $400 players for.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Return to Blu-ray Disc Drives