Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Trouble decoding "m4a" files with Nero

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Trouble decoding "m4a" files with Nero

Postby audiodrome on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:54 am

I have a data CDR which is all "m4a" encoded files and Nero does not recognize them to convert them to WAV or just burn a CD as is. So I tried adding the Nero FAAC AAC/MP4 plug-in and it still doesn't work. When I try to add them to a compilation, it says "Thank you for using Nero MPEG-4 audio codec. Unfortunately your trial period for decodings has expired. Please visit nero.com for obtaining full version." When I tried to decode the files, it says the same thing. I didn't even know I HAD a trial version of anything Nero - I'm using the last version of Nero 5 because I have no use for the overblown 6 & 7 versions as I only use it to burn audio CDs.

So what else can I do - do I need another type of plug-in?

Thanks
Paul
audiodrome
CD-RW Thug

Postby CCampbell on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi Audiodrome,

Sorry, but you are using Nero 5, which is a very old software that came out long before there was an MPEG 4 audio or video format. So of course it does not contain plugins to support that format.

And the Audio Plugin Manager that allows third party plugins was only incorporated into Nero with the release of Nero 6.

If you just need this for a quick one time operation, you can download our Nero 7 Demo to do the job, as it's a full 30 day working demo.

The only other option is to purchase an upgrade to Nero 7, or a third party software that supports this capability.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)