Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Trouble using NTI Backup 5.0

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

Trouble using NTI Backup 5.0

Postby djraysr on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:49 am

I have used NTI BUN 4.0 for unattended backups for several years. I have a dell inspiron 8600, win xp, cd drive QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-242. When 4.5.7.8 came out, I attempted to upgrade was was never able to get the unattended backup to work so I stuck with 4.0. I have a new laptop on order with Vista OS so I have been trying to get my software in order compatibility-wise. I downloaded a trial version of NTI BUN 5.0. (In terms of conflicting software, I did a format of the hard drive and clean reinstall just prior. So, in my testin, 5.0 does an unattended backup (I selected no compression, overwrite) to the cd drive. However I am not able to restore that backup. When I reach the point "what to restore?", I select the file on the CD. (I was surprised I had to browse to select the file. I thought it would just auto enter in the space). Anyway, When I select the file and hit "open", I get "The format of the file had an error or was invalid". Don't know where to go from here.
Thanks,
Don
djraysr
Buffer Underrun

Re: Trouble using NTI Backup 5.0

Postby billipo on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm

I am having the same problem. I just used BUN 5 standard edition to back up my computer while I sent it back to the manufacturer. Well, they reformatted the drive and now I can't access the image I made because it says, "The format of the file had an error or was invalid". This is stupid.

Did you ever figure out a fix, djraysr? Thanks.
billipo
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software