Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Hard Disk Sentinel Software - FREE

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Hard Disk Sentinel Software - FREE

Postby Ian on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Hard Disk Sentinel is available for free for a limited time through sharewareonsale.com. Great tool for monitoring hard drives, SSDs, etc.

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/hard-disk ... ndard-sale

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

Hard Disk Sentinel is a hard disk monitoring software with highest possible support of HDD/SSD/SSHD (hybrid) drives. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.

The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Hard Disk Sentinel Software - FREE

Postby stix on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Ian,
Looks like the installer pkg is proprietary to "sharewareonsale.com"
The pkg I just downloaded from them is named "SharewareOnSale_Giveaway_Hard_Disk_Sentinel_hub.exe"
Size is 2.18 MB, so it's a downloader/installer I would guess.

Can you vouch for the security/privacy/lack of malware, if using this?

I usually just use the trial or free version of hdsentinel when I need it.
stix
stix
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:44 pm

I meant to try it today but I didn't get a chance. SharewareOnSale is a reputable site thats been around for awhile so I wouldn't expect them to slip anything bad in there.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

It asks you if you want to install the SharewareOnSale Daily Giveaway Notifier. Just say no and its fine.

You can also save a copy of the actual installer for future uses.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:47 am

I downloaded it and the file saved fine, I haven't bothered to install it yet as I have several other hd monitor programs installed. Best Buy had a good deal on a 1tb Western Digital Blue drive when my old and free 500 gig data drive started throwing bad sectors randomly cuasing issues with HDTV captures when they hit one of the bad spots. Drives was 40 bucks shipped but first one showed up almost completely full of bad sectors. All the low level free disk recovery and low level format tools couldn't fix it so BB took it back and ordered me another one. Wonder if this would handle that kind of issue though pretty sure that first drive was toast. New one formatted fine and runs cool and quiet. I always watch for and uncheck any of those extra program type installers as they count on you not watching or caring if it installs bloatware along with what you want. Still have that old 500 gig drive I could test programs like this with if needed.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals