if anyone with experience with BenQ DW1620 can tell me:
on every Disc Quality scan i make with this drive, i have this dip in the read speed curve, around 0.1GB. see the pic.
it appears when using different kinds of media (+R, -R, +RW), different brands/MID codes, different burn speeds, different content (data, video, CDSpeed test disc).
had it when used B7P9 and also now with B7T9.
basically i can only attribute it to the hardware.
note: this dip doesn't appear when doing a transfer rate on the disc in the same BenQ nor in my Toshiba DVD-ROM drive.
what's up with this dip ? does it mean anything ? is it some sort of malfunction ?
Dolphinius Rex once commented to me that this is (might be?) something to be concerned about.
- Transfer Rate test on Toshiba SD-M1712 J004 DVD-ROM
- 28-October-2005_00_14_TOSHIBA_DVD-ROM_SD-M1712_J004_TransferRate16.png (50.4 KiB) Viewed 428 times
- Transfer Rate test on BenQ DW1620 B7T9
- 28-October-2005_00_26_BENQ____DVD_DD_DW1620_B7T9_TransferRate8.png (49.18 KiB) Viewed 427 times
- Disc Quality test on BenQ DW1620 B7T9
- 28-October-2005_00_38_BENQ____DVD_DD_DW1620_B7T9_DiscQuality.png (54.41 KiB) Viewed 433 times
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
M.C. Escher - Reptilien