Home News Reviews Forums Shop


What´s the differnce? TDK DVD-R 8x, TTG02 or TTH01?

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

What´s the differnce? TDK DVD-R 8x, TTG02 or TTH01?

Postby Scour on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:35 pm

Hello!

In the new c´t-magazine the TDK -R 8x seems to be good media. The media has the code TTH01. In some shops the code of the -R 8x is TTG02.

What´s the difference? Some experiences with that media?

I know that CMC makes media for TDK, at least the one with TTG-code.
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:17 pm

MAM-A/MAM-E makes some media for TDK as well. The MAM-A 8x DVD-Rs I have are TTH01.

Given the good performance of the TDK media in the C't test... I'm not sure WHO made it :-?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:53 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:MAM-A/MAM-E makes some media for TDK as well. The MAM-A 8x DVD-Rs I have are TTH01.

Given the good performance of the TDK media in the C't test... I'm not sure WHO made it :-?


When it´s really a MAM I´m very surprised about the excellent writing-quality with all tested writers :o
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby alexnoe on Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:39 am

IIRC TTH01 is 16x compatible in a few drives (e.g. NEC 3500), TTG02 shouldn't be written faster than 8x
alexnoe
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:31 am

Postby Scour on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:01 am

alexnoe wrote:IIRC TTH01 is 16x compatible in a few drives (e.g. NEC 3500), TTG02 shouldn't be written faster than 8x


So I still can´t believe that MAM manufacture such good media
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:12 am

Scour wrote:
alexnoe wrote:IIRC TTH01 is 16x compatible in a few drives (e.g. NEC 3500), TTG02 shouldn't be written faster than 8x


So I still can´t believe that MAM manufacture such good media


Well, other companies probably make the code for TDK too.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Gary Kokkin on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:10 pm

Scour wrote:
alexnoe wrote:IIRC TTH01 is 16x compatible in a few drives (e.g. NEC 3500), TTG02 shouldn't be written faster than 8x


So I still can´t believe that MAM manufacture such good media


MAME were very reliable media company in CDR times ,after deal with Mitsui Japan-Unfortunately bought last years by an Italian Milanese low cost media trade company have relations with Plasmon and small production in Italy-

MAME had strong second tier clients for European release, like Emptec,MMore,Creation,Imation but Italian company targets custom Paneuropean supermarket media brands like Makro,Carefour,Lidl
Main factory are still in use in France,but alwayw depends on Italian management target products group-So I think TDK's production maybe temporary for some availibility reason in some market.
Gary Kokkin
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:52 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Postby Scour on Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Gary Kokkin wrote:
MAME were very reliable media company in CDR times ,after deal with Mitsui Japan-Unfortunately bought last years by an Italian Milanese low cost media trade company have relations with Plasmon and small production in Italy-

MAME had strong second tier clients for European release, like Emptec,MMore,Creation,Imation but Italian company targets custom Paneuropean supermarket media brands like Makro,Carefour,Lidl
Main factory are still in use in France,but alwayw depends on Italian management target products group-So I think TDK's production maybe temporary for some availibility reason in some market.


I have old MItsui-CDR-media and some MAM-E 48x. The MAM are no match for the original Mitsui.

Saw the test in c´t and all MAM-branded-media was bad in burn-quality, otherwise the TDK TTH01 had good quality with all tested writers, so I can´t believe that MAM make this media
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:35 pm

Scour wrote:
Gary Kokkin wrote:
MAME were very reliable media company in CDR times ,after deal with Mitsui Japan-Unfortunately bought last years by an Italian Milanese low cost media trade company have relations with Plasmon and small production in Italy-

MAME had strong second tier clients for European release, like Emptec,MMore,Creation,Imation but Italian company targets custom Paneuropean supermarket media brands like Makro,Carefour,Lidl
Main factory are still in use in France,but alwayw depends on Italian management target products group-So I think TDK's production maybe temporary for some availibility reason in some market.


I have old MItsui-CDR-media and some MAM-E 48x. The MAM are no match for the original Mitsui.

Saw the test in c´t and all MAM-branded-media was bad in burn-quality, otherwise the TDK TTH01 had good quality with all tested writers, so I can´t believe that MAM make this media


Are you saying that manufacturers can't have higher grade OEM discs? Look at CMC if you want an example, or even Ritek. Lead Data also has been able to make good OEM discs!

So even if the quality of MAM-E's normal stuff is not very good, then that doesn't rule out the possability of them working extra hard for an OEM customer.

Still, I'm not saying they WERE made by MAM-E, we would need to know the country of origin to be 100% sure.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:46 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
Are you saying that manufacturers can't have higher grade OEM discs? Look at CMC if you want an example, or even Ritek. Lead Data also has been able to make good OEM discs!

So even if the quality of MAM-E's normal stuff is not very good, then that doesn't rule out the possability of them working extra hard for an OEM customer.

Still, I'm not saying they WERE made by MAM-E, we would need to know the country of origin to be 100% sure.


That´s a good point.

CMC makes good disc´s for MCC and TDK, Ritek have good Ricoh-media. Lead Data? You mean CDR for Sony?

Can you tell me were your TTH01-media is coming from?
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Scour wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
Are you saying that manufacturers can't have higher grade OEM discs? Look at CMC if you want an example, or even Ritek. Lead Data also has been able to make good OEM discs!

So even if the quality of MAM-E's normal stuff is not very good, then that doesn't rule out the possability of them working extra hard for an OEM customer.

Still, I'm not saying they WERE made by MAM-E, we would need to know the country of origin to be 100% sure.


That´s a good point.

CMC makes good disc´s for MCC and TDK, Ritek have good Ricoh-media. Lead Data? You mean CDR for Sony?

Can you tell me were your TTH01-media is coming from?


I think Lead Data made DVDRs for Sony too, but yes, that's what I was thinking.

As for my TTH01 media, it's made by MAM-A in France... which would technically be MAM-E I think :lol:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:06 pm

Hello!

I want to test this media, but I´m not sure when I order tDK -R 8x if I get TTH01 or TTG02
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Scour wrote:Hello!

I want to test this media, but I´m not sure when I order tDK -R 8x if I get TTH01 or TTG02


Well, why not try ordering MAM-E 8x DVD-Rs? Ask for the TDK code :wink:

*OR* just look for TDK made in France DVDRs.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:40 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
Scour wrote:Hello!

I want to test this media, but I´m not sure when I order tDK -R 8x if I get TTH01 or TTG02


Well, why not try ordering MAM-E 8x DVD-Rs? Ask for the TDK code :wink:

*OR* just look for TDK made in France DVDRs.


Never saw a MAM with that code (see c´t-Thread)
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Gen-An on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:39 pm

I thought TTH01 was made in Luxembourg at TDK's plant there...
Gen-An
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:20 pm

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Gen-An wrote:I thought TTH01 was made in Luxembourg at TDK's plant there...


Well, the one's that say "Made in Luxembourg" on the packaging probably are :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:00 pm

Scour wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
Scour wrote:Hello!

I want to test this media, but I´m not sure when I order tDK -R 8x if I get TTH01 or TTG02


Well, why not try ordering MAM-E 8x DVD-Rs? Ask for the TDK code :wink:

*OR* just look for TDK made in France DVDRs.


Never saw a MAM with that code (see c´t-Thread)


There's some included in my BenQ DW1640 review I'm working on :D

But they aren't the TDK brand ones, they are MAM-A brand ones.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Scour on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:33 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:
There's some included in my BenQ DW1640 review I'm working on :D

But they aren't the TDK brand ones, they are MAM-A brand ones.



I already look forward to it
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:31 am

Scour wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
There's some included in my BenQ DW1640 review I'm working on :D

But they aren't the TDK brand ones, they are MAM-A brand ones.



I already look forward to it


So far 83 DVDRs burned and counting... including 8 different brands of DVDRDL (well, 7 DVD+RDL and 1 DVD-RDL :P)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby frank1 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:15 pm

If you put the MID code TTG02
in the link by MediaMatch
you can find in the MoreInfo button of DVD Identifier v.3.6.2
you get to here:
http://www.mediamatch.de/mediainfo.php? ... 3ATTG02%5D
Last edited by frank1 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:15 am, edited 21 times in total.
User avatar
frank1
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:59 am

Postby Scour on Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:36 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
So far 83 DVDRs burned and counting... including 8 different brands of DVDRDL (well, 7 DVD+RDL and 1 DVD-RDL :P)


Much overspeeding included ;) ?
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:23 pm

Scour wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
So far 83 DVDRs burned and counting... including 8 different brands of DVDRDL (well, 7 DVD+RDL and 1 DVD-RDL :P)


Much overspeeding included ;) ?


With the exception of DVD+RDL media from Verbatim, almost no overspeeding at all.... actually, I don't think there *IS* any.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby RJW on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:10 am

Scour wrote:


Never saw a MAM with that code (see c´t-Thread)


Check cdfreaks webstore/romstore.
http://shop.cdfreaks.com/index/4/2/0/551
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby frank1 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 am

If you put the MID code TTH01 in the same MediaMatch link
you get to:
http://www.mediamatch.de/mediainfo.php? ... 3ATTH01%5D
and it says: "no further records in our database at the moment"



A photo of the TDK factory at Basharge in Luxembourg
It is not so far from my home ...

Image


When I go to a shop:
- and I buy a TDK DVD-R 1-8X ScratchProof I get a TTH01 code
Image


- when I buy a "normal" one in a jewel case I get a TTG02 code
Image




In both cases I get the same 3 adresses on the back of the packing:
BASHARAGE, Australia North Sydney and Singapore and no mention "Made in ... "


I am very pleased with the writing quality of this new ScratchProof TTH01
for example in my Pioneer A07 burner,
but the variability of MID codes in TDK packages is a mysterious story to me ...
I already wrote about this story here:
http://forum.gravure-news.com/viewtopic.php?t=15992

At the beginning (around the year 2003) the TDK DVD-R 4x certified I was getting in shops under the same logo printed on the package where even Taiyo Yuden TYG01 !!
Last edited by frank1 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
frank1
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:59 am

Postby frank1 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:25 am

About MAM-A using MID codes from TDK there was recently this news at cd.freaks:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11930
Last edited by frank1 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
frank1
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:59 am

Next

Return to DVD Writers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2018 CDRLabs Inc.