ASUSTOR Inc. today is thrilled to announce the launch of two enthusiast grade NAS devices, the two bay Nimbustor 2 and the four bay Nimbustor 4. The New Nimbustor series are also known by their original model numbers. The Nimbustor 2 is also known as the AS5202T, while the Nimbustor 4 is known as the AS5304T. The Nimbustor line represents a departure from generic model numbers to more accurately describe ASUSTOR’s products that store data in a personal cloud device.
The Nimbustor 2 uses Intel’s Gemini Lake dual core Celeron processor clocked at 2.0GHz while the Nimbustor 4 uses a quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. The Nimbustor 2 and 4 come with 2GB and 4GB of DDR4 RAM respectively. Intel’s Gemini Lake family improves performance by 30% while also lowering power consumption by 40%. Both types of CPU boost to 2.7GHz and 2.5GHz respectively, allowing even better performance in various tasks. The Nimbustor series come equipped with two 2.5-Gigabit Ethernet ports, making the Nimbustor our fastest Intel-based NAS to date. When equipped with SSDs, the Nimbustor, combined with the two 2.5-Gigabit Ethernet ports brings faster performance than ever before.
The Nimbustor 2 and 4 inherit the aesthetics of the AS4002T and AS4004T. The diamond-cut magnetic panel is resistant to dust and helps protect hard drives inside from impact. The Nimbustor also retains the same easy installation process from the AS4002T and AS4004T, which features removable tool-less hard drive caddies. The Nimbustor also introduces a new red and black e-sports aesthetic to appeal to tech enthusiasts and a new HEVC/ VP9 10bit Profile2 encoding engine which greatly reduces CPU usage for smoother video streaming and playback. Plex Pass is supported as well as third-party media players to enjoy 4K HDR on the HDMI 2.0a port.
The Nimbustor 2 and 4 come with ADM 3.4. ADM 3.4 now comes with a brand new theme for enthusiasts as well as a new version of Takeasy. The newest Takeasy can now download videos from subscribed YouTube and Twitch channels automatically. The Nimbustor 2 and 4 are also better than ever for iSCSI applications, giving even greater options for applications that do not support network drives because iSCSI drives appear like normal internal hard drives as well as increased stability compared to network drives. The backup and restore features of ADM 3.4 are even better than before with the recent introductions of Snapshot Center and EZ Sync. The Nimbustor’s hardware gives even greater and faster performance to a variety of multimedia applications, including but not limited to ASUSTOR Portal, Plex and Roon Server. ASUSTOR’s Nimbustor 2 and 4 are backed by a three year warranty. Please contact your local dealer for more details.
For more information, please visit: http://www.asustor.com
- Nimbustor 2 CPU: Intel Celeron J4005 at 2.0 GHz dual core CPU (2.7GHz turbo)
- Nimbustor 4 CPU: Intel Celeron J4105 at 1.5 GHz quad core CPU (2.5GHz turbo)
- Nimbustor 2: 2GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. 8GB maximum
- Nimbustor 4: 4GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. 8GB maximum
- 2x 2.5-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Video Output: 1 x HDMI 2.0a
- Nimbustor 2 single port read speeds of 283 MB/s and write speeds of 283 MB/s
- Nimbustor 4 single port read speeds of 283 MB/s and write speeds of 282 MB/s
- Nimbustor 2 link aggregated read speeds of 563 MB/s and write speeds of 561 MB/s
- Nimbustor 4 link aggregated read speeds of 564 MB/s and write speeds of 551 MB/s
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
- 2x rear USB 3.2 Gen 1 port
- 1x front USB 3.2 Gen 1 port
- Supports hard drive hot swapping
- Tool-free hard drive caddies
- Supports AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Supports Btrfs snapshots
- Supports SSD Caching
- Supports EZ Sync
- RAID 0, 1, single drive and JBOD supported on Nimbustor 2.
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, single drive and JBOD supported on Nimbustor 4.
- Supports 2½” and 3½” drives up to 14TB
- Supports system migration
- Supports MyArchive
- Supports Wake On WAN and Wake on LAN