Kingston Digital, Inc. today announced the DataTraveler 4000-M Managed (DT4000-M) USB Flash drive, a fully managed version of the company’s DataTraveler 4000 product. Specifically developed and priced for enterprise deployments, the FIPS-certified DT4000-M leverages SafeConsole for Kingston server software from BlockMaster® to deliver best-in-class USB protection, flexibility and centralized management control at an affordable cost.
The Ponemon Institute released data last month highlighting that data breach costs are skyrocketing. Specifically, monetary loss related to mobile devices for US-based organizations surveyed rose 15 percent year-over-year to $258 per record. Data from other industry sources show a 400-percent year-over-year increase in lost USBs during 2010, with 1 in 10 employees losing a USB drive containing corporate info. Additionally, a recent survey from BlockMaster found that 76 percent of workers plug unknown USB drives into their company laptops, exponentially increasing the risk of passing on viruses and malware to their corporate networks.
Encryption can protect data from unauthorized access, but in some cases adds complications that prompt employees to circumvent company-approved drives in favor of consumer drives for ease of use. This scenario unfolded in the case of Cambridgeshire County Council in February 2011.
Addressing these business, technology and user dynamics, the DT4000-M is the only enterprise-focused drive on the market to meet the requirements of all stakeholders, including:
- The right amount of business security at the right cost: Strong, hardware-based encryption; FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certification for the entire cryptographic module at a lower cost than competing solutions.
- Granular, customized control for high trust with low overhead: Full device-state management for tight policy enforcement and lockdown of stolen/lost drives – without bricking; customization for easy asset tagging; and, full audit and backup/recovery for forensic analysis and compliance – including adherence to all data-at-rest regulations.
- Ease-of-use and end user enablement: User-friendly platform offering features such as remote password reset and customization options
"Recent data loss statistics and events underscore the critical enterprise need - not just for secure USB drives - but for corporate-wide secure USB drive strategies," said John Terpening, secure USB business manager, Kingston. "The DT4000-M provides the right level of security with the right level of cost, flexibility and ease-of-use."
The DT4000-M complements Kingston’s recently announced DataTraveler Vault Privacy - Managed USB Flash drive in benefitting from the world-class SafeConsole® for Kingston server software from BlockMaster, a security leader with the broadest and most mature central management offering on the market. Kingston and BlockMaster will exhibit together at Infosecurity Europe Conference in booths F60 and D91.
"Data loss resulting from unsecure and unmanaged USB use has plagued organizations long enough," said Anders Kjellander, Chief Security Office, BlockMaster. "The DT4000-M is truly impressive. It represents the first time a managed secure FIPS drive is being made available for corporate use at a price point designed to fuel wide and rapid adoption by enterprises. The 100-percent secure and 100-percent managed DT4000-M is a SafeConsoleReady device that will attract a lot of attention."
The DT4000-M adds another strong platform to the DataTraveler line which comprises the industry’s only secure USB family - ranging from general purpose business use to flexible, managed enterprise offerings as well as platforms for the most secure and rigid government standards. For more information, visit http://www.kingston.com/flash/secure_usb.asp.
Kingston DataTraveler 4000-M Features and Specifications:
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certified
- Secure: drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and encryption key is destroyed
Configure complex password policies - based on customizable criteria options, including password length and character types (digits, upper case, lower case, and special characters)
Can operate with AutoRun disabled
Enforces write-protected AutoRun files
- Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in CBC mode
- Customizable: password length, maximum number of password attempts, preload content
- Tamper-evident: coating/seal for physical security
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
- Ruggedized: waterproof and titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Co-logo program available
- Assembled in the U.S.
- Dimensions: 3.06" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
- Speed: up to 18MB/s read, 10MB/s write
- Capacities: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Minimum System Requirements:
USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
Two (2) free drive letters required for use
|Kingston DataTraveler 4000-Managed USB Flash Drive|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features||MSRP (U.S. Only)|
|DT4000M/2GB||DataTraveler 4000-Managed 2GB Secure USB||$ 62.00|
|DT4000M/4GB||DataTraveler 4000-Managed 4GB Secure USB||$ 74.00|
|DT4000M/8GB||DataTraveler 4000-Managed 8GB Secure USB||$ 103.00|
|DT4000M/16GB||DataTraveler 4000-Managed 16GB Secure USB||$ 195.00|