Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 range, bringing the performance, endurance and productivity of solid state drives (SSD) to the 1.8" form factor. Part of the Kingston SSDNow V+ Series range, the Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 is designed for today's ultra-mobile devices, and with road warriors in mind.
"Kingston Technology has listened to its customers, delivering the SSDNow V+ 180 Series," said Steve Hall, EMEA product development manager of flash, Kingston Technology "Enterprises, SMBs and consumers can upgrade ultra-thin notebooks, certain notebooks and netbooks with a 1.8" form factor to enjoy supercharged performance, enhanced endurance and boosted productivity."
Independent IT analyst IDC estimates that the number of mobile workers will hit 1 billion by 2011, driven by technology advances such as high speed networking, and the desire for greater work/life balance. Today's road warriors demand the highest performance and durability in the smallest and most mobile configuration. Kingston's SSDNow V+ 180 Series brings speed and endurance to the ultra-portable 1.8" form factor:
- Kingston's SSDNow can out-performs hard disk drives (HDD) by up to five times, enabling boot times up to 60 per cent faster and allowing users to load, switch and run multiple applications at the same time more effectively.
- SSD's hugely enhanced endurance & ruggedness brings confidence, particularly when users are on the road and away from IT support. The Kingston SSDNow V+ Series is up to eight times more shock-resistant than hard disk drives and because they have no moving parts, they are less prone to mechanical failures.
- Less power-hungry than HDDs, SSDs also enhance battery life, meaning users work faster for longer.
The Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities, and is the latest addition to the Kingston SSDNow V+ Series family. It is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com/europe
Kingston SSDNow V+ 180 Features and Specifications:
- Sequential speed: 230MB/sec. read, 180MB/sec. write
- Innovative: 1.8" form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Shock resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Cache: 128MB onboard cache
- PCMARK Vantage Score:
64GB - 35,073
128GB - 34,995
256GB - 34,881
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Interface: Micro SATA (mSATA) 1.5 Gb/s & 3.0 Gb/s
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Dimensions: 54mm x 78.5mm x 5mm
- Weight: 48 grams (+/- 2 grams)
- Vibration operating: 2.7G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating shock: 1500G
- Power specs: Active: 2.9W (TYP); Idle: 47mW (TYP)
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF