Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has added new features to its recent Cyber Defense 2018 Global Awards winning IronKey D300 encrypted USB Flash drive to improve device management and security. IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and uses 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption in XTS mode. Shipping next week, a new Serialized version (D300S) with two new features will further enhance the drive’s already advanced level of security to safeguard sensitive data.
IronKey D300S will have a unique serial number and bar code on the drive itself, allowing network administrators to simply read or scan the code instead of plugging in the drive. When a drive is deployed, returned or during any physical auditing or asset management of hardware, this feature will make the process more efficient and streamlined. The second feature, a virtual keyboard, enables users to enter a password with clicks of the mouse instead of using a physical keyboard, thereby providing a greater level of protection against any possible keylogging when using D300S on other computers.
The new Serialized drives will also be available as a Managed model (D300SM) that requires IronKey EMS or SafeConsole® by DataLocker³ allowing central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. This will be the first IronKey drive that will now be supported on SafeConsole, allowing it to be used by customers who already have it installed. IronKey D300SM will be available Q1 2019.
“We’re not content on standing pat with any of our products, no matter how good they are,” said Richard Kanadjian, encrypted USB business manager, Kingston “The data protection provided by IronKey D300 is already top notch, and we’ve listened to requests from our customers. These two enhancements in the D300 series add to its industry-leading data-protection capabilities. With Kingston’s 30-plus years of expertise in quality technology solutions behind it, along with the latest NAND Flash memory and controller technology, users of any D300 drive can rest assured that their confidential data and information are well protected from the risks and threats associated with loss, theft, or stolen digital devices.”
Those attending International Security Conference & Exposition (ISC East) 2018 are invited to stop by to hear more about Kingston’s complete line of superior data performance solutions for their varied security, data, audio/video, or other application needs. Also on display will be the new IronKey D300S and D300SM encrypted USB before it launches. ISC East is the Northeast’s largest and most comprehensive security trade show providing one-on-one conversations with the industry’s top innovators, special events, and cutting-edge education.
ISC East 2018 will be held November 14-15 in New York, NY at the Javits Center. Kingston will be located in booth #265.
For more information visit kingston.com.
Kingston IronKey D300 Serialized Features and Specifications:
- Encrypted: With encryption, no one can access data that you have stored on the drive without knowing the password.
- Meet frequently requested IT requirements: IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and TAA compliant so you can rest assured it meets the most frequently requested corporate and government IT requirements.
- Easily manage thousands of drives: With IronKey EMS or SafeConsole you can centrally administer access and usage policies and easily manage thousands of drives.
- Unique Serial Number and Scannable Barcode: Time saver, simply read or scan the barcode, when deploying, when it is returned as well as during any physical auditing.
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Capacity: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
USB 3.1 Gen 1: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
USB 2.0: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB–128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 3.06″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Waterproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX82.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Minimum System Requirements:
USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
Two (2) free drive letters required for use
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)
- Standard Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x), Linux v.2.6x+ 6
- Managed Drive Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS (v. 10.11.x - 10.14.x)