Today LaCie announces the 12big Rack Storage Server, a comprehensive network storage solution complete with the software and hardware needed for serious backup or file sharing right out of the box. The 12big Rack Storage Server features the performance of Quad LANs and the power of Windows® Storage Server.
With muscular performance and outstanding scalability at a competitive price point, the 12big Rack Storage Server is the perfect solution for corporate backup and file sharing. It is powered by the industry-standard Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, Microsoft’s® latest version of the powerful NAS platform. The 12big Rack Storage Server ships with 6Gb/s Nearline SAS disks, which feature redundant path technology that improve I/O results by more than 40%.
THE 12BIG RACK STORAGE SERVER FEATURES:
- Intel® Quad Core Xeon™ processor with 4GB RAM, powerful enough to perform multiple parallel tasks and accommodate up to 250 users
- NAS-to-NAS backup and file serving
- I/O ports to connect external storage and integrate as a JBOD array for massive scalability - up to 144TB
- Hardware RAID controller, which supports RAID Levels 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 or 60
- Five free PCIe slots for dedicated applications such as 10Gb Ethernet, fibre channel, or InfiniBand
- Configure as an iSCSI target or initiator to allow storage expansion in a cost-effective way
The 12big Rack Storage Server is available in 9TB, 12TB, 24TB and 36TB capacities with the 5-year Gold Protection Plan for premium support. The protection plan features warranty on drives and components, as well as fast product replacement. The 12big Rack Storage Server is available through LaCie Online Store, LaCie PROgram+ Partners, and LaCie PROgram+ Resellers starting at $11,299.00. For more product information, visit www.lacie.com.