NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced it has added a broad range of premium content channels to the NeoTV Streaming Player (NTV200), including Best Buy's CinemaNow.
With the CinemaNow channel, NeoTV users can choose from a large selection of entertainment content and instantly stream it to their TVs in up to full 1080p HD and surround sound from the comfort of their living room. The addition of the CinemaNow channel provides NeoTV users with access to more than 15,000 titles, including the latest blockbuster movies, classic films, current TV shows and past seasons, and even next day programming. CinemaNow joins a rapidly growing list of free and premium channels already available on NeoTV*, including Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, Pandora, Crunchyroll.com, Flingo and hundreds more.
"Instead of driving to a kiosk or waiting for movies to arrive by mail, NeoTV provides consumers with access to one of the world's largest collections of premium movies, TV shows, music and web videos–thousands of titles instantly streamed to your TV," said Damir Skripic, product line manager for connected entertainment at NETGEAR. "Channels such as Best Buy CinemaNow offer an ideal, on-demand streaming experience. All you need is an Internet connection."
Consumers can connect the NeoTV Player to the Internet via high-speed 300Mbps built-in WiFi, which is easily capable of delivering 1080p HD streaming, or through an Ethernet cable. The player also offers optical audio out (S/PDIF) for high-quality surround sound.
To make the streaming experience even easier, users can download the NeoTV remote control app and turn their iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android smartphone into a high-end touch screen remote control. The app is available free from Apple's app store and the Android Market, and makes navigating through thousands of movies, TV shows, songs and videos simple, easy and intuitive.
In addition to Best Buy CinemaNow, new content available through NeoTV includes:
- Film Fresh – Great contemporary films from around the world. An extensive library of great works of world cinema, including many smaller American films.
- Databazaar – Provides users with unlimited streaming of favorite Bollywood movies, TV shows and music videos.
- Casual Games – Texas Hold'Em, Blackjack, Sudoku, Rockswap Adventures, Connect Four in a Row, Memory, Penguin Shamble and other games.
- Web TV Channels – Discovery Channel, PBS, G4, MTV Buzz, CNET, Techpodcast, iSkateboard, London Landscapes TV and many others.
- International Web TV Channels – Deutsche Welle, kanalB, Le Monde.fr, tagesschau and more.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR NeoTV Streaming Player (NTV200) is available now in the United States at $79.99 and can be purchased at major retailers and online stores including Best Buy, RadioShack, Staples, Fry's, Amazon and Newegg. To learn more about the NETGEAR NeoTV Streaming Player, please visit www.netgear.com/ntv.