ProGrade Digital, Inc., founded with a mission to provide the highest quality professional grade digital memory cards and workflow solutions, announces its new CFexpress Type B cards. First demonstrated by the company in April 2018 at the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB) Las Vegas, CFexpress Type B offers next generation memory card performance by leveraging PCIe, Gen 3 interconnect with NVMe 1.3 host controller interface. ProGrade Digital CFexpress cards provide read speeds up-to 1,700MB/s, and burst write speeds up-to 1,500MB/s. Two performance levels are available: Cobalt label: delivers minimum sustained write speed of 1400MB/s for both 325GB and 650GB cards – specifically designed for high resolution video capture and long, sustained burst image capture applications; Gold label: delivers minimum sustained write speeds up to 400MB/s depending on card capacity – ideally suited for a broad range of still and moving image capture applications.
ProGrade Digital CFexpress Gold label cards are available now at progradedigital.com, B&H Photo and Video, Adorama.com and Amazon in most countries around the world. Cobalt label cards will be shipping by late June.
“Since demonstrating the capabilities of CFexpress in early 2018, ProGrade Digital has been evolving this technology from the first cards introduced at the end of 2019 to these new, faster and lower power cards we are shipping today,” said Wes Brewer, founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “We are now able to offer the widest range of CFexpress card choices to meet both current and future needs of all leading-edge imaging applications. Coupled with our new CFexpress Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 high speed readers and our Refresh Pro performance restoration and health monitoring software application, our customers have a complete solution for capturing and downloading still and video images as well as enhancing their digital imaging workflow.”
ProGrade Digital CFexpress portfolio:
- Maximum read speed 1700MB/s
- Burst write speed 1500MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed 1400MB/s
- Capacities: 325GB, 650GB
- Maximum read speed 1700MB/s
- Burst write speeds up to 1500MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speeds up to 400MB/s
- Capacities: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
CFexpress Type B Cobalt and Gold both deliver:
- Fully compliant with CompactFlash™ Association 2.0 specification
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X2 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects card from overheating
- Unique serialized tracking of every card enabling identification of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Rigorous 100% full card testing down to individual memory chips for optimal quality
- X-ray proof, shock-proof
- Temperature ranges: operating 14 to 158°F/ -10 to 70°C; storage -4 to 185°F/ -20 to 85°C
- 3-year warranty
The CFexpress Type B form factor is gaining broad industry adoption due to its backward compatibility with XQD, and its open industry standard support from major device manufacturers.
All ProGrade Digital memory cards have a laser-etched serial number on the back and readers have a printed serial number. A customer can register their serial number at https://progradeditigal.com/register to stay up to date on the latest technology developments.