QNAP Systems, Inc. today released the QTS 4.3.4 beta for ARM-based QNAP NAS. As data security is a fundamentally essential requirement for NAS, QNAP makes snapshots a standard feature to help mitigate the growing threat of ransomware. QNAP has been working alongside AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company, and from QTS 4.3.4, QNAP NAS with AnnapurnaLabs processors can support snapshots with only 1GB RAM, making snapshot protection more accessible to users of entry-level NAS. QTS 4.3.4 for x86-based NAS and other ARM-based NAS models will be released soon with comprehensive and accessible snapshot protection.
QNAP continues to explore the potential of the ext4 file system, empowering QNAP NAS with high performance and outstanding snapshots manageability. Users can also set snapshot reservation space to ensure enough dedicated space for saving snapshots.
The new QTS 4.3.4 smart NAS operating system is reinforced with a focus on the "essence of storage". Additional major features and improvements include the brand-new Storage & Snapshots Manager, global SSD cache technology, the ability for File Station to browse snapshot content and to directly access files on mobile phones, comprehensive file management solutions, GPU-accelerated computing, support for 360-degree photos and videos, multi-zone multimedia control, VLC media player streaming, and much more.
“Every aspect of QTS 4.3.4 was built on the foundation of comprehensive feedback and communication from business, individual and home users. We believe that our objective of developing QTS as ‘designed from user experience’ delivers a complete NAS operating system with the most professional storage services available,” said Tony Lu, Product Manager of QNAP, adding “Whether you are an existing or new QNAP NAS user, we are confident that you will feel the remarkable additions and improvements throughout QTS 4.3.4.”
Key new apps and features in QTS 4.3.4:
- Brand-new Storage & Snapshots Manager: Emphasizes the parallel importance of storage management and snapshot protection with a more comprehensive and intuitive UI design. Volume and LUN types are easily identified; all the snapshot versions and the time of your latest snapshots are precisely recorded. Learn more
- Snapshots for ARM-based NAS: Block-based snapshots provide a fast and easy data backup and recovery solution to protect from data loss and potential malware attacks. QNAP’s ARM-based NAS now feature higher cost-efficiency. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Snapshot Shared Folder: Contains only one shared folder on a single volume to reduce the time of recovering single folders to within a few seconds. Learn more
- Global SSD acceleration technology: Shares a single SSD volume/RAID with all volumes/iSCSI LUNs for a read-only or read-write cache to flexibly balance efficiency and capacity needs. Learn more Watch presentation video
- RAID 50/60: Helps strike a balance between capacity, protection and performance for high-capacity NAS with over 6 disk bays. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Intelligent Qtier™ 2.0 auto-tiering: Qtier can be configured at any time; adds IO Aware capabilities for SSD tiered storage to keep a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time. Learn more Watch presentation video
- File Station supports USB direct access to mobile devices: Connect mobile devices to the NAS to start storing, managing, and sharing mobile media in File Station. The content of snapshots can also be directly browsed in File Station. Learn more
- Total solution for managing digital files: OCR Converter extracts text from images; Qsync enables cross-device file sync for optimal teamwork; Qsirch facilitates full-text file search; and Qfiling automates file organization. From data storage, management, digitalization, sync, search and archiving, QNAP empowers value-added file management workflows. Learn more Watch presentation video for Qsync
- GPU-accelerated computing with PCIe graphics cards: Graphics cards help improve the image processing efficiency of QTS; users can leverage the HDMI port on the graphics card for displaying HD Station or Linux Station; GPU Passthrough strengthens the abilities of virtual machines in Virtualization Station. Learn more
- Hybrid Backup Sync official release: Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization, making transferring data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces much easier. Learn more Watch presentation video
- Qboost: A NAS optimization tool that helps monitor memory resources, free up system resources, and schedule applications to boost productivity. Learn more Watch presentation video
- 360-degree photos and videos support: File Station, Photo Station and Video Station supports displaying 360-degree photos and videos; Qfile, Qphoto and Qvideo also support 360-degree format viewing. Learn more Watch presentation video
Media streaming to VLC Player: Users can install QVHelper on their computer to stream multimedia files from a QNAP NAS to VLC player. Learn more
- Cinema28 multi-zone multimedia control: Centrally manage media files on the NAS for streaming to connected devices via HDMI, USB, Bluetooth®, DLNA®, Apple TV®, Chromecast™, and more. Learn more Watch presentation video
- IoT on a private cloud: QButton customizes the actions of buttons of QNAP remote control (RM-IR004) for playing music playlists, viewing a surveillance channel, or restarting/powering-off the NAS. QIoT Suite Lite provides practical IoT development modules to accelerate implementation and stores IoT data on QNAP NAS. IFTTT Agent allows for creating NAS applets to connect various internet-connected devices/services for simple-but-powerful cross-app workflows. Learn more Watch presentation video for QButton Watch presentation video for QIoT Suite Lite
Learn more about QTS 4.3.4 and its features at https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.3.4/en/
Please note: Features are subject to change and may not be available for all QNAP NAS models.