Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, announced the new STOR.E EDITION today. The external hard disk drive features a USB 3.0 port allowing for fast USB 3.0 data transfer. The elegant design of the STOR.E EDITION’s casing echoes the sleek, modern design of Toshiba’s latest Satellite, Satellite Pro and Tecra R-series laptops. STOR.E EDITION will be available during the second quarter 2011 in Europe.
Toshiba’s STOR.E EDITION comes in four different colours – red, blue, silver and black – and a casing with a grooved texture. The storage capacity of up to 1TB is large enough to house huge digital media libraries.
Via its USB 3.0 port, STOR.E EDITION is able to transfer large media files quickly to a connected USB 3.0 laptop with a data rate of up to 5 Gigabits per second. Computers and peripheral devices with USB 2.0 only, can still be used with the new external hard disk drives.
The pre-loaded Nero BackItUp & Burn Essentials software comfortably and reliably backs up and restores files and folders and recovers damaged or accidentally deleted
Facts & Figures
- Capacity: 500GB, 750GB, 1TB
- Interface: USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Dimension (L x W x H):
500GB, 750GB: 117 x 79 x 14 mm
1TB: 117 x 79 x 17 mm
500GB, 750GB: approx. 154g
1TB: approx. 192g
- Power supply: via USB cable
- Colours: red, blue, silver, black, grooved texture
- Design matched to: Satellite R840 Satellite Pro R 850 Tecra R840 / R850
- Box content: STOR.E EDITION, Nero® BackItUp & Burn Essentials software (pre-loaded), USB 3.0 micro-B cable, Quick Start Guide, User's Manual (pre-installed on the hard drive), Warranty leaflet