Home News Reviews Forums Shop

BUrning SVCD's in Nero = Skipping when played

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

BUrning SVCD's in Nero = Skipping when played

Postby Arods3 on Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:09 am

I got a problem, Everytime i Burn SVCD in nero when i play it it skips. Ive tried every problem getting better CD's replugging in the Burner, Reinstalling Nero everything, Im burning SVCD to play it in DVD players but it skips in THe DVD player and even my Drives in teh computer. If anyknow knows thi sproblem plz Let me know
:lol: Thanks
Arods3
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:33 am

What version of Nero are you using? And what are all the settings you have selected in the burn dialog? Have you tried using VCDEasy ( http://www.vcdeasy.org )? It is much better than Nero for burning VCD's and SVCD's (and it is free).

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cd pirate on Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:03 pm

what speed are you burning at and which media are you using? does your DVD player support svcd? finally what biterate are you encoding it at?
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby Arods3 on Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:50 pm

Yes i have teh Newest Nero, i burn at a slow rate i think i have everything right , when i copy cd to cd it works fine, i think maybe my burner just sucks burning svcds
Arods3
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:04 pm

Are your source mpeg2 files good in the first place? Have you tried burning to an image file and then mounting that file in Nero Image Drive to ensure you are not suffering from a media problem? Did you try VCDEasy like I suggested?

You have to give us something to work with here. For example, when we ask what settings you are using and you just reply "i think i have everything right ", that doesn't tell us anything. Maybe you don't have everything right - isn't that why you came here in the first place, to find out about possible problems with what you are doing? This is a two-way street. No one will be able to help you if you aren't willing to give us information about what you are doing. We can't read minds here... :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)