Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Buslink 52x32x52 CD-RW $4.99 AR @ BB

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Buslink 52x32x52 CD-RW $4.99 AR @ BB

Postby airtommy on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:09 am

Buslink 52x32x52 CD-RW at Best Buy this Friday and Saturday, all day. Although the sale is not restricted to 6:00AM-11:00AM, they probably will get snatched up quickly. No idea who makes this ...

Sorry, no link - BB's website sucks. It crashed my browser, and I ain't goin' back.

There's also a crappy FAR 100-pack of CD-Rs, certainly not anything to get up at dawn for. Also, 100-pack Fuji DVD+Rs for about the going eBay price - $95.
airtommy
CD-RW Thug

Postby burninfool on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:32 am

Good luck getting a check from Buslink,I submitted one in March and still haven't received it.

BTW..it's probably made by Lite-On,look for SMART-BURN on the box.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:34 am

I bought a Buslink 52x24x52 (AOpen) and it died, so I RMA'd it; the replacement was an LTR-52327S. This could very well be a 52327S, too.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Yep...

Postby Justin42 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:51 am

burninfool wrote:Good luck getting a check from Buslink,I submitted one in March and still haven't received it.

Just wanted to second this -- I submitted a rebate in January, requested rebate status multiple times, etc, etc, finally had to submit 2 complaints through the BBB and they *FINALLY* sent me a hand-written money order in a hand-written envelope 2 weeks ago! (Plus they claimed to the BBB they sent it over a week before they actually did). I doubt they actually even really process rebates, it just seems weird their rebate processor couldn't just cut me a check and instead they had to send some poor sap out to the local check cashing place to get me a money order...

NEVER buy Buslink.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:59 am

Do you know if the rebate(s) is/are from BB or Buslink? When I bought my Buslink drive, the rebate was from Staples (but it took 3 months to get it anyway).
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Justin42 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:04 am

When Best Buy has a Buslink item on sale with rebate, it's usually after 1 or 2 MIRs-- and one of them is almost always a Buslink rebate (the other one is an instant rebate or Best Buy rebate).

Not sure about this one... I can barely make it out on the ad online (Which is up at their site, BTW) but it looks like it's $49.99 - $5 IR - $40 MIR...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:10 am

Agreed about the Buslink rebate thing. Their rebate processor is incompetent or criminal, maybe both.

For the longest time my signature was "ripped off by Buslink 3 times!"...

For now I avoid buying any Buslink products that require rebates...
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Re: Yep...

Postby taxman150 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:14 pm

Justin42 wrote:
burninfool wrote:Good luck getting a check from Buslink,I submitted one in March and still haven't received it.

Just wanted to second this -- I submitted a rebate in January, requested rebate status multiple times, etc, etc, finally had to submit 2 complaints through the BBB and they *FINALLY* sent me a hand-written money order in a hand-written envelope 2 weeks ago! (Plus they claimed to the BBB they sent it over a week before they actually did). I doubt they actually even really process rebates, it just seems weird their rebate processor couldn't just cut me a check and instead they had to send some poor sap out to the local check cashing place to get me a money order...

NEVER buy Buslink.

This must be their method of business as this is *exactly* what they did to me. I kept getting the same b.s. stories of "it will be mailed soon", etc., etc. and then I finally sent them an e-mail advising them that I would file a complaint with my state attorney general's office for fraud if they didn't send me my rebate. I received the same handwritten money order from a local check cashing store a week later. I'm glad I finally got my money, but I will never buy Buslink again.
taxman150
CD-RW Thug

Postby vsekh on Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:37 pm

I had bought a Buslink dvdrom from BestBuy that came with a $20 mail-in-rebate. I mailed this rebate in and got a check from Buslink about 3 months later. I had forgotten about this rebate.
vsekh
CD-RW Player

Postby sbeans on Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:10 pm

I bought a BUSlink CD-RW drive in October 2002 and received the rebate in February 2003. No follow-up required on my part; just a long wait.
sbeans
Buffer Underrun

Return to Hot Deals