Home News Reviews Forums Shop

HELP:Can't UNINSTALL Blu-ray Cyberlink Software

Blu-ray Disc Writers, BD Combo and BD-ROM Drives

HELP:Can't UNINSTALL Blu-ray Cyberlink Software

Postby OxyPopcorn on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I need to uninstall all of the Cyberlink software suite from my system by cannot because it refuses even via 3rd party uninstallers and safe mode. This is my main problem and God in heaven I thought this website would be a target demographic.

Details of optical drive.
LG Model # WH10LS30
LG Super Multi Blue 10x Blu-ray Disc ReWriter
Also identified as "HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30"

Disc also says "Hitachi-LG Data Storage INC" WTF ??

MUCH of the software suite from the disc became currupt so I tried to uninstall and reinstall. Every program wouldn't all it, I even tried 3rd party uninstallers and nothing can seem to uninstall this suite of software. And I tried to just re-install the entire disc suite but the same issue of needing to first uninstall first which of course failed.

I have this disc, in fact I have versions 1.1 and 1.2.

LG's website doesn't appear to offer a downloadable or other version of this disc or anything for help with uninstalling this God awful suit software...[but seriously LG has no downloadable disc or software??]

I'd like to re-install a virgin version of all of it but cannot!

Could someone please teach/tell/explain how to uninstall this software?

This is the listing of software it contains...
Super Multi Blue Install Disc [RED colored disc] version 1.2a
Cyberlink BD Advisor
Cyberlink LabelPrint
Cyberlink MediaShow
Cyberlink Burning Tool
Cyberlink PowerBackup
Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
Cyberlink PowerProducer
Cyberlink YouCam
LG ODD Auto Firmware Update

Also missing these software
Cyberlink PCM 4 Everio ?
PowerDirector Express

That's it, I think, pieces of software.

I know I rambled but didn't want to miss anything. :-({|=

Thanks folks!!! Poppin' da popcorn ](*,)
:-|
OxyPopcorn
Buffer Underrun

Re: HELP:Can't UNINSTALL Blu-ray Cyberlink Software

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 am

You could try contacting CyberLink support but I'm guessing that they'll tell you to talk to LG because this is OEM software.

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but you could try a manual uninstall or at least remove enough of the files and/or reg keys that you can do a reinstall. Sorry, I've never done this so I don't have any specific info.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 pm

I think I'd try reinstalling them and see if it fixes the corruption then you can uninstall or if you just wanted to fix them by deleting then redoing that may fix it though who knows. Sounds like it's so messed up windows doesn't know what to do with the files that are left so it wont let you uninstall or delete them. I spose you could try safe mode if you haven't and see if that lets you get at the files and do what you want, hard to say, good luck.
Another thing you could try is a system restore to a time before the corruption and see if that does any good. If you do you might want to set a restore point first or do a backup just for safety. I've had system restore fix some weird OS corruption type stuff that would have been a hassle to figure out any other way but it doesn't always have the affected files needed or is not working when you really need it but it is another thing to try
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby A3D on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:31 pm

You say you've tried 3rd party uninstall software, but don't name them so let me suggest you d/l the free Revouninstaller or Revouninstaller Pro software at http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html. I have found that it will remove unwanted programs when others cannot. For free its worth a try.
A3D
Buffer Underrun

Return to Blu-ray Disc Drives