Home News Reviews Forums Shop

HELP! - CDs not being read Correctly.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

HELP! - CDs not being read Correctly.

Postby ThOyman on Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:33 pm

Ok i really dont know which part of the forum this should go and i noticed some similar issues, but they are not exactly the same so i think they can fit here, but if the moderators move it plz leave me a PM.

Urgent Problem: CD-RW not reading CDs properly. Data CDs being read as Audio (different twist to similar issues).

[CD writer is Phillips 4012P. I do not think at all its hardware nor damaged CDs. Im inclined to software trouble.]

Programs
------------
Windows XP with
Nero and InCD
Daemon
Btw I recently unistalled Windows Media Player 9, and im back to 8. I mention this because it may be connected to formats issues.

Now i cant even re-install CD-RW drivers as the original WindowsXP CD is not being read either. More correctly its being read as an Audio CD (it also shows this in Explorer) and reads as a track .CDA file. [Btw i have not used this CD since it came with the computer 1 year ago. So its not damaged CDs plz take note]

My CD-R and CD-RW copies seem all to work ok, they are read correctly.
But so far all orginal CDs (except 1) do not read correctly at all.
I can even access the original package CDs that came with the computer.

Another issue related is that when i put another cd in, it does not read it at all, but shows as a previous cd i inserted before. Either a data cd (a copy that was read fine) or then as a .CDA file when it clearly is a data CD. Could be mistaken for rereading with the same error or a "cached" previous read error. I dont know?

Btw Audio CDs (orginals) are not being read, nor reproduced either.

I only noticed this today... was working fine before no problems. But as i have not used original CDs in a while i do not know what happened or what caused it, nor the exact moment of this problem appearing (it may have been awhile but i didnt notice until now).

Though the last time i had computer problems was with WMP 9 and i unistalled it back to version 8.

Meanwhile... im looking DESPERATELY for a solution!!!
Someone PLZ help!

If you can help i would be Much appreciated.
Thx in advance.
ThOyman
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:38 pm

possibly a conflicty between InCD and DaemonTools ?
try disabling/removing DaemonTools, and if that doesn't work removing DaemonTools and InCD.
see if that helps.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby ThOyman on Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:34 pm

This issue was resolved sometime ago in another site forum. Thx for the late reply however.

The problem was hardware related to the drive lens.
ThOyman
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)