Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Help! CD-R Error Code 4200?

Burn baby burn!

Help! CD-R Error Code 4200?

Postby Mattinvideo on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 am

Hi everyone,
This is a little off subject, but I'm looking for some desperately needed help. I just purchased a new workstation a couple months ago using Windows XP Pro for running Sony Vegas 8 with DVDA. At times I make a soundtrack to go along with my DVD movies.
I was able to burn 3 differant soundtracks to CD-R discs, but when I went to burn another, I couldn't. Upon placing the CD-R disc in my Plextor drive it would read fine, but when it's ready to burn I get a pop-up stating "Cannot Burn Disc Error Code 4200." I am able to download recorded CD's to my hard drive as well as play them. In addition, I can read, burn and play DVD's without any problems. My only problem is burning a CD-R.
I have tried the following to try to remedy the problem;
1) Used four differant burning programs in which I have alway's used on othe computers without failure.
a) Nero 8
b) Micro Studio
c) Music Mix Meister
d) Roxio
2) Different Manufacturer's discs
a) Verbatim
b) Imation
c) Sony
3) Changed internal drives from Plextor to Pioneer. (I swapped them back to Plextor, due to great performance in the past).
4) Tried a program called RegCure which states that it eliminates this particular error code, but didn't.

The only thing I haven't tried is to totally reinstall Windows XP Pro. If you have experienced this problem and know of a cure, "PLEASE" let me know.
Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you, Ray
Mattinvideo
Buffer Underrun

Re: Help! CD-R Error Code 4200?

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:40 am

Is it just this soundtrack? If so, its probably not the drive or media.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives