Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD v4

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD v4

Postby skhyatt on Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Just installed the registered version of Nero. Trying to format a RW disc with InCD v4. I keep getting the same error message "Error writing the disc in E:\ Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged." I am using imation media, which worked fine with the previous version of InCD that I had. Any ideas? Thanks.

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:47 am

I hope you're using InCD 4.1.0.0 Prior to this build...InCD has been very sporadic. Still not perfect...but better.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby skhyatt on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:02 am

Yes, using the latest version. I've been tinkering with it this evening and a couple of times, it acted like it was going to work, then the same error message would pop up?? :-?

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:40 am

What brand of RW media are you using?

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby skhyatt on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:55 am

I tried imation and memorex.......same error on both :roll:

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby bobmitchell on Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:11 am

I always have trouble with Memorex...I use either Verbatim or anything I can find made by Mitsubishi Chemical. You might try another brand

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby skhyatt on Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:01 pm

Bob, thanks for your replies. Not sure what I will do at this point. I am currently waiting on a reply from Nero's tech support. Maybe that will shed some light on the problem. For now, I have uninstalled InCD4. Thanks again.

skhyatt
:roll:
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

INCD 4.100 won't write to rewriteables

Postby swampdonkey on Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:01 pm

HI:

I used to be able to write to Memorex or Maxell CD-RW 650 - 700 MB 1x- 12x multispeed on my Yamaha 2100 IX High Speed burner. I have such disks I formatted with InCD 4 here beside me. Although 1 disk is no longer accessible and it displays files with html code suggesting I cannot read UDF formated disks and suggests getting easyCDwriteread from Ahead. WTF!!??!! It labels the CD 'InCd' , which I didn't name it myself as such.

When I try to format a CD-RW disk I get the following message:

"Error writing the disc in D:\. Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged."

very ODD, never did that before

I checked the ASPI drivers and they are fine. I have both system and Ahead ASPI drivers installed. Version 4.72a of Adaptec's ASPI drivers are used in the system. I have had the latest firmeware V 1.0n of Yamaha's CD-RW 2100IX external firewire for 2 years now. Nero works fine as do all the regular CDR and CD-RW functions, as expected. :-?

I've done clean uninstalls of INCD and reinstalled several times. The only INCD icon I get is the open file cabinet icon. Sometimes no InCD icons at all. I don't have WMP's Adaptec driver installed, all I have is the version that came with the OS. :roll:

My OS is Windows XP service pack 1 and my filing system of my hard drive is NTFS. DMA is turned off my built-in IDE CDROM.

My OS has a clean and fresh install since January 19, 2004 :D

If INCD doesn't work well on a Yamaha drive then there's no hope for the rest of you folks :)

regards
swampdonkey
Buffer Underrun

Postby skhyatt on Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:54 pm

That error message you got is the exact same one I got. Were you able to use the previous version of InCD? With version 3 of InCd, using the same media, I was able to use it without any trouble. Now with InCD4, I get that error message. And Nero's support, nowhere to be found???? I have emailed about three times without reply. :(

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby swampdonkey on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:57 am

Hi:

Well I can read the disks previously formatted. I tried going back to INCD 3.x and still couldn't work out the formatting issue, so I concluded that Nero 6.x must be the culprit. With my experience, UDF isn't as safe as CDR or CD-RW formats anyway. Very dodgey and finucky file sys. So I'm sticking with backup on CDR burned disks untill the industry comes up with something more stable.

:roll:
swampdonkey
Buffer Underrun

Re: InCD v4

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:26 pm

skhyatt wrote:Just installed the registered version of Nero. Trying to format a RW disc with InCD v4. I keep getting the same error message "Error writing the disc in E:\ Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged." I am using imation media, which worked fine with the previous version of InCD that I had. Any ideas? Thanks.

skhyatt

Hi Skhyatt,

Sorry for the delay in our response. I normally let Mr. Burg respond to the InCD 4 issues, as he is the expert in our company. However, he has been very busy as of late, and has not had the time to visit this forum lately, so I am stepping in till he can make a presence. :)

What model Recorder do you have, and what firmware are you using? And is this Windows XP Pro? The reason I am asking, is that I would like to try and duplicate your basic configuration and see if I have the same problem you are having. I have tested InCD 4.1.00 with Memorex and Imation media, but have not seen these error.

And what write speed is the CDRW media you are using? 4x? 10x?

With this information, hopefully I can come to a better understanding of what may be occurring.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby skhyatt on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:54 pm

I currently have a MSI CR52-A2 52/24/52 CD-RW. I believe the firmware is 150D. I am using XP Home. I will be upgrading soon to a DVD burner. Not sure of the model number, but it will be a NEC model. Thanks for the reply.

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby skhyatt on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:56 pm

Sorry, I believe the write speed of the media is 1x-4x. I will double check that later when I get home. Thanks again.

skhyatt
:D
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:59 pm

skhyatt wrote:I currently have a MSI CR52-A2 52/24/52 CD-RW. I believe the firmware is 150D. I am using XP Home. I will be upgrading soon to a DVD burner. Not sure of the model number, but it will be a NEC model. Thanks for the reply.

skhyatt

I do not have that model here in the US Labs, I'll check to see if our team in Germany has this model, and ask them to test for me. If not, I'll have to contact MSI and see if I can obtain a sample. This may take a couple of days.

I do have the Yamaha 2100 model swampdonkey is using, and have not yet been able to duplicate this issue. But I will continue my testing on other systems to see if I can duplicate it. I've only tested on one system so far, so it's too soon to rule out a problem with our InCD 4 software directly.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby skhyatt on Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:08 pm

Craig, I actually received an email from David regarding this issue. He mentioned that there was another update to InCD coming soon. I sent him some of the same info I just supplied to you. Have not heard back from him yet. He mentioned that there were still some formatting issues going on. Your help is greatly appreciated :D

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Postby swampdonkey on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:02 pm

Hi Folks:

I spent much of the day experimenting with Nero 5.x and INCD 3.x VS Nero 6.x and INCD 4.x. Even tried combinations of each. I found that the latest INCD 4.x is very unstable on my system and won't even format any CD-RW I could previously format with INCD 3.x. So, I've reverted back to Nero 5 and INCD 3 untill things get worked out. It doesn't seem that Nero Ultimate 6.x is totally compatible with InCD 3.x . For instance the "format a blank CD-WR" for UDF writing shortcut doesn't work with InCD 3.x. I click the icon and no response. So, as I mentioned above I'm back to previous releases. :-?

The icons on the task bar change properly in INCD 3 and pops up a message for the mounted disk or has a popup to format a blank disc. Icons don't work with INCD 4, nor does formatting, but it will erase and read. InCD 4 is also a CPU pig, takes forever to boot windows. I also noticed on occassion that a 'DRIVELOCK' message appears with a "5xxx" number and an 'OK' button. Best of luck working it out.

:D Which direction do we go now? :D

regards
swampdonkey
Buffer Underrun

Postby skhyatt on Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:27 am

I like that compass :) Today I had installed a NEC DVD-RW ND-1300A. I then reinstalled InCD4. It formatted and now seems to work (knock on wood) I suppose this means there is/was some conflict between InCD and my previous burner. I didn't get the DVD burner because of the problem I was having with InCD. I had already planned to get one. I am still curious about what the problem was with my previous recorder. But I already love having the DVD recorder. Already burned some video and was able to play it on both of our DVD players. Kewl..... :D Anyway, hopefully the next version of InCD4 will fix some of the problems that many are having. Hopefully I won't run into any more problems.......

skhyatt
skhyatt
Buffer Underrun

Same Problem

Postby spearthrower on Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:49 pm

I have the identical problem, but was beginning to wonder if anyone else did. I have been sending errlogs etc to D Berg via a forum at CDRinfo, but so far no answers. I used to format CDRW easily with the CED-8120B, and now it won't AT ALL, tried Memorex, Fuji, and TDK discs. My Gsa-4040B will format the TDK discs, but does so with no progress graph, it just wanders off and does it. I have not found any other brands that will
successfully format. What always amazes me, is that it USED to work flawlessly. BOTH drives still recognize, and use, discs already formatted. Good luck, sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad I ain't alone with it.
spearthrower - HP D530, Windows XP PRO, PENTIUM 4, 2.66 GHZ, 2GB RAM, Maxtor 6y120PO 120GB, Seagate ST3320620A, 320GB, Benq DVD DD DW1640 (BSRB), LG HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA H22N (1.02).
spearthrower
Buffer Underrun

Postby Evilscientist on Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:08 pm

I also have this problem. I've tried completely elminating 4.1.0.0 and re-installing, and I still get it. This error message, "Error writing the disc in D:\ Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged.", occurs about 60% of the way through a format.

I have a Samsung SN-324b CDRW/DVD combo drive in my Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. I've used Sony media and Imation media and gotten the same error. Formatted discs read/write just fine..it's simply a formatting issue as far as I can tell.

I believe 4.0.7.2 (the previous version - whatever the number) didn't have this problem...but I'd have to double check...which I'm going to do if I can find it. 4.0 definitely had this problem.

Seems this is a tricky drive to use with inCD. Any suggestions to make it better? I do like this product over DirectCD, so see what you can do.
Evilscientist
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:41 pm

hi Evilscientist, welcome to CDRLabs. :D
cool handle name you've got there! :P 8)
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Evilscientist on Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:01 pm

Okay...I was right. 4.0.7.2 does work correctly with my drive and will format the very same disc that 4.1.0.0 failed to format.

Hmm...an upgrade the reinstitutes a bug that was corrected in the previous version. Imagine that. Goood game Ahead Software.

Time to make sure InCD works with all drives before releasing an update, I suppose. Also time to compare 4.0.7.2 to 4.1.0.0 and see what was removed to make things worse than better.

Have fun.
Evilscientist
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:57 am

Unfortunately, as there are several hundreds of different models on the market, and each has multiple fw revision. No, unfortunately, we do not have the resources to test this. We can only check a subset of devices and firmware which we hope will cover a maximum of user situations.

Spearthrower format issues have been resolved (Gsa-4040B in current 4.1.5.7, CED-8120B for next update). I will check with Craig the status of the other bug reports been tracked.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:41 pm

(Craig updated me about the status.)

The Yamaha issue we could not reproduce - does InCD 4.1.5.7 helps, maybe? :-?

The MSI issue, the device samples are in the way between MSI and Ahead Inc. :)
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby Evilscientist on Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:28 pm

dburg:

I'm very impressing that Ahead is paying attention to these forums. A rare thing that should be an example to other companies. Well done.

The latest update 4.1.5.7 seems to have solved the problems I was having with 4.1.0.0. So you guys are back on the upgrade track with this particular drive/fw combo.

Well done. Keep it up.

Evil
Evilscientist
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:32 am

And to conclude CED-8120B should now work with 4.1.5.10 which has been released yesterday.
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)