Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Does anyone still use CDRWIN?

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

Does anyone still use CDRWIN?

Postby burticus on Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:54 pm

I mean, really. It's got a mean learning curve for advanced features, and I deem it useless as a image creating tool. We all know why it's exisited this long, the one and only reason.

I have been using Alcohol 120% for the last 9 months and it rocks all day long. The newer versions are very stable... since I got my dvd burner I don't even burn the bin/cue images any more at all. I just copy 6 or 7 of them to 1 dvd and use Alcohol's virtual drive mount the cue file.

Alcohol rocks! If you're still using CDRWIN you owe it to yourself to give it a shot!
burticus
CD-RW Thug

Postby Ian on Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:47 pm

If I have to burn a bin/cue, I've been using Nero or FireBurner.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Han on Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:10 am

Since SP2 for WinOnCD 6 has added support for bin/cue burning I've pretty much abandoned CDRWIN. I use it only for creating ISO images and for slipstreaming service packs into M$ Windows bootable CD.
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby Sa[v]aGe on Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:27 am

As I stated in http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 9141#79141 I still use CDRWin for all recording.
I kind of like it since the first time I started it and I'm using it until today regularly. I must admit that I like it so much because it has almost all Nero features in only 2 MB against 20MB of Nero. I really hate bloatware.
Only the begining is tough with CDRWin:-)
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strenght
Sa[v]aGe
Buffer Underrun

CDRWin: The perfect tool for CD+G

Postby Jon_J on Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:27 pm

I have always used CDRWin for burning CD+G karaoke discs on compatable CD+G burners.
I occasionaly run into a "Consumer" audio CD with CD+G graphics on it, and with CDRWin, you can rip and compile individual tracks with CD+G.
A lot of other software that handles CD+G will only copy whole discs, not just 1 or 2 tracks, or making a compilation of CD+G tracks.
Remember, there are very few burners and readers that write or read CD+G properly.

Just my thoughts,
Jon
Jon_J
Buffer Underrun

Re: Does anyone still use CDRWIN?

Postby user1 on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:52 pm

burticus wrote:I mean, really. It's got a mean learning curve for advanced features, and I deem it useless as a image creating tool. We all know why it's exisited this long, the one and only reason.

Pardon for resurrecting what is an old post, but I am curious.
After struggling to get CDRWin working for the better part of a day and a half, WHAt IS the reason ???

thanks.

addendum:
and since I couldn't get CDRWin to play with me, I go for Alcohol.
what, no beer smilies?
user1
Buffer Underrun

Postby bluephi1914 on Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:59 pm

i much rather use CDRwin when burning wav files to cd... cdrwin eliminates that space between tracks that winoncd, nero and many others leave in there.
bluephi1914
Buffer Underrun

Postby Han on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:23 am

bluephi1914 wrote:i much rather use CDRwin when burning wav files to cd... cdrwin eliminates that space between tracks that winoncd, nero and many others leave in there.

Huh, that's absolutely not true. In all the mentioned programs you can set 0 sec pause between tracks. Even crossfading is possible...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby Dartman on Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:46 pm

I used to use it. I like it better then Nero in the beginning but now I mainly use Nero. I also liked Prassi and diskjuggler is nice but also very expert oriented. I mainly use Nero now, they got a pretty solid package that can do most things I want to.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

I like cue sheets

Postby MediumRare on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:28 pm

Thought I'd post to this forum at least once as long as it exists. :wink:

I've never used CDRWin, but I do use cue sheets to burn audio compilations. These are a very useful contribution! I find it easier to edit a text file than to mess around with the local versions of the CDDB files that every burning or ripping program seems to want to use (are any of these compatible with each other? ) or to have to redo the CD-Text entries in Nero projects after moving a WAV-file.

I do my burning with Nero- it does cue sheets OK but treats them as "images" and can't import them as a regular compilation.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:30 pm

maybe you should try burnatonce.
i think it has better support for cue sheets (but i'm not sure since i know nothing of cue sheets :o )
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MediumRare on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:35 pm

I'll have to give burnatoncet a try when I get a bit more time. The next 4 weekends are booked with various things and my wife complains (a bit) if I hang around the keyboard all evening.

I'm quite comfortable editing the cue sheets manually, though, and Nero is great for almost everything.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

DAO

Postby pigpenz on Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:27 pm

disk at once was and the only main reason for CDRWIN.....I have used this program for years but have found that I hardly ever even bother to see if there are updates for it.....but the price is right if you want to pay for something...only $19 to upgrade :wink:
Plextor 708A
Nec 1300A
Nec 2500A
pigpenz
Buffer Underrun

Postby Phil K on Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:45 am

If I burn iso images, its burnatonce. Nothing else comes close.The best by far, and free too
Phil K
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software