Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero or Roxio

Anything else

Nero or Roxio

Postby brucefl on Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:48 am

On this new computer it has Nero OEM version, I have used Roxio for the last few years and liked it. This is my first computer that has a DVD burner. Though the Nero program is OEM and doesn't have some of the features like the nero's wave editor, which I wished was available for at least 30 days to try.
I am wondering what some think is the better of the 2 programs?
I am finding Nero the setups are as easy or so it seems when wanting to record something.
brucefl
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:23 pm

you can download Nero from Nero's website here:
http://nero.com/us/no_demo.php
that's a 30 day demo.
but installing this might interfere with the OEM Nero you have already installed on your system.
i recommend you copy the serial number from the registry just to be on the safe side, so you can always enter it into the downloaded program and have your Nero OEM back.
open the registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and under SOFTWARE_AHEAD_NERO-BURNING ROM_INFO obtain your Nero 5 or Nero 6 serial number from here.

once you install the Nero downloaded program, it includes the Wave editor.
by the way, are you sure you don't have the wave editor with your OEM nero?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

The license you currently using does not allow you to start

Postby brucefl on Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:55 pm

Well, the program is in the folder, but I receive tthe following pop-up, when I click on the waveedit.exe. Would of been nice of Gateway to open the whole program, maybe I will email them. I did have to clean the HD off, and maybe it didn't install correctly.
Though contacting Nero they gave me a number to enter in for it to work until the end of April. Should give me enough time I guess

The license you currently using does not allow you to start allow you to start this application.

Still not sure though if Nero is a better program or Roxio?
brucefl
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions