Home News Reviews Forums Shop

cannot make audio cd - buffer underrun

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

cannot make audio cd - buffer underrun

Postby ginah70 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:35 am

I had been using nero 5 for years. I loved it. Recently though, I got a blue screen every time that I hit burn. After trying to correct this for three weeks, I took somebody's advice and installed nero 6. It's the oem version that comes with the burner. It appeared to work fine. I burned a data disc. I burned a cd-copy. Then I tried an audio disc. I got a buffer underrun error. I thought maybe it was a bad cd, so I tried again. Same error. So, I reduced the speed to 2X and tried again. Same error. I increased the buffer and tried again. Same error. I turned off all aplications running in the background, same error. I don't think it can be the media b/c the data discs and copied discs are the same. I've now made six coasters ... almost enough for a complete set at my dining room table (haha). But seriously, I would like to create audio cdrs. Any advice is welcome.
ginah70
Buffer Underrun

Postby pranav81 on Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:01 am

Could you please give us the complete computer setup?

I would recommend to uninstall Nero,download the cleaning tool from the Nero website,run the utility and then install Nero.

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby ginah70 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:18 pm

A friend told me to uninstall nero 6 and then try nero 5 again. He said that installing the newer one may have corrected what was wrong with the older one-whatever that means. Anyway, I did; and it worked. I can burn audio cds again. Yahoo. Being that nero 5 does all I need it to do, I'm sticking with it. Thanks for your help.
ginah70
Buffer Underrun

Postby pranav81 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:24 am

Glad to read that your problem is solved.

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)